For our client in Basel we are currently looking for a Project Manager in Supply Management for a 12 Months maternity cover.
The Project Manager proactively manages assigned projects through cross-functional project teams, defining and coordinating all aspects of the projects, setting deadlines, ensuring appropriate monitoring and transparency progress. He/she serves as the first point of contact for functional team members to ensure on time and compliant realization of GCS strategy. As a key member of the Project Management Office (PMO), defines and develops best practices that are key to the success of the process and project governance.
Has operational end to end responsibility for assigned activity. Leads and manages all project and local network activities and participates in cross-functional teams.
- Leads or contributes to selected cross-functional and high priority projects in alignment to GCS strategy, from start to completion.
- Responsible to deliver assigned projects on time, within scope, within budget and with quality (e.g. timely execution of cross-functional plans, accurate monitoring and tracking of defined activities).
- Ensures efficient and transparent allocation of project team resources to accomplish project tasks.
- Ensures active and continuous risk assessment and management to minimize project risks.
- Acts as point of contact and establishes appropriate channels to communicate projects progress and performance on a regular basis to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. communication to Steering Committees).
- Leads change management activities to ensure organizational readiness for implementation.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation, including the project charter and project plan.
- Provides the necessary training, coaching and tools to project team members to facilitate effective and efficient project management.
- Supports GCS PMO in development, tracking and reporting of performance metrics for the organization, interpreting information and proposing action to team and management.
- Ensures compliance to Novartis and other relevant regulations and quality standards, shares best practices and lessons learned.
- Degree in science, engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- 5 years of practical experience in chemical / pharmaceutical industry
- Good expertise in related field
- Good knowledge about the Drug Development process
- Basic project management, good organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g. GMP, HSE etc.)
- Demonstrates problem-solving and idea generation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Fundamental Leadership skills
- Very good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Supply Chain / Master Data