Minimum 12 months opportunity as Import-Export & Transportation Senior Specialist for a leader in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Distribute, transport, and operate import/export throughout the International Logistics network, ensuring shipment and on-time availability of products from manufacturing sites, via hubs, to country distributions centers.
- Maintain monthly shipping plan in liaison with the Inventory & Replenishment management, the External Manufacturing team, and the Internal Manufacturing team. Inform Finance, Global Planning and affiliates about the achieved deliveries (previous month) and the forecasted planning (next month).
- Coordinate and execute all shipments from the Hubs to the Logistics Service Providers and other Contract Service Providers according to the monthly shipping plan. Book truck/airfreight/small pack via forwarding agent, prepare all necessary shipping documents, monitor until delivery, and review invoices. Perform Oracle and or SAP transactions in real-time. Inform Contract Service Providers by transmitting all corresponding shipping details and documents.
- Create and process Deviations when incidents occur during transport and/or at storage locations.
- Interface with several internal departments including Quality Assurance, Finance and Accounting, Legal, Product Security, Country Affiliates, as well as with 3rd-party Logistics Service Providers (LSP’s).
- Raise POs and process Invoices in SAP. Make sure orders are shipped and invoiced accordingly in a timely manner
- Support and contribute to cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Ensure the appropriate EHS, GDP and cGMP standards are maintained.
- Support GDP activities as defined in relevant procedures.
- Ensure SOX controls are applied timely to comply with BCF requirements.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years experience in logistics, and Transportation Management in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in International Transport, being able to deal with customs, 3PL, hubs.
- Familiar with Bio Pharma compliances such as GxP & SOX.
- Proven experience in the use of SAP for SCM modules (SAP a must and Oracle as a nice to have).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive processes and decisions to closure, is persistent in reaching the goals.
- Fluent in English and French is a nice to have.
- Strong analytical skills
- Numerate, well organized, flexible and have good attention to detail.
- Strong team player and collaborative skills. Keen to support colleagues and maintain a good ambiance within the team.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.