For one of our world's leading pharmaceutical clients located in Basel area we are looking for a Procurement Delivery Manager. As a Procurement Delivery Manager, you will work in a dynamic global environment where you bring analytical thinking, planning, execution, and focus to the procurement sourcing and delivery capability area.
Thanks to your strong problem-solving and core procurement skills, you will effectively collaborate with internal procurement (customer relationship management, contracting, solutions, etc.) and business stakeholders to translate business needs into sourcing, spend management activities, and content enhancement.
Based on your general procurement and commodity expertise, you ensure the effective and efficient delivery of core procurement services and continuous improvement of automation and content availability.
The perfect candidate:
The ideal candidate has broad experience in strategic procurement and has several years work experience within procurement. The person ideally already worked in a pharmaceutical company and has knowledge in the Research & Lab Category (primarily Lab Chemicals & Consumables and/or Lab Equipment & Instruments and Human BioSpecimen).
The soft skills are also very important and the candidate needs to be open-minded, willingness to experiment and test new ideas and is an active listener.
• Start date: asap
• latest Start Date: 01.10.2022
• End date: 1 year as of start
• Extension: possible
• Workplace: Hybrid - Basel area
• Workload: 100%
• Home Office: can be discussed when in the role
• Travel: barely, could be for team internal meetings
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Category and sourcing subject matter specialist conducting market and internal analysis to develop and implement strategies and tactical plans to source and negotiate for third-party goods and services that satisfy stakeholder requirements
• Procurement practitioner delivering and executing sourcing strategies by leveraging spend, category know-how, robust sourcing, negotiation, contracting, supplier management, and project management skills to achieve objectives and key results
• Content and automation advocate translating sourcing outcomes and opportunities into content and automated buying channels that improve business adoption, satisfaction, and overall efficiency
• Min. commercial education, preferably BA in procurement discipline or similar
• Min. 3-5+years’ experience strategic sourcing and strategy building
• Experience with operational efficiency projects, and strategic project execution with general contracting understanding and proficiency or relevant commodity experience
• Experience in procurement systems and operational processes such as contracting, (e)Sourcing, and spot buying
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Business level fluency in English and German