We are looking for a Network Security Engineer (m/f/d) for our client
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 31.12.2023
- Location: Berlin (1 week Onsite) and Remote (3 weeks Remote)
- Workload: Fulltime
- Job number: JN -042023-40404
This role targets predominately all areas of network security including firewalls, firewall management, proxies, VPN, alerting/logging/event management, day0 risk mitigation, traffic separation, traffic monitoring/analysis, securing public cloud connectivity and Internet.
The role also is involved with the infrastructure automation
team to automate security policies and automate lock down actions in the event of security incidents. Access controls / solutions for remote developers / users.
To be able to develop all security solutions as a holistic connected solution and not many point solutions.
- Provide security focused designs & design documentation for an on-premises cloud network that are compliant with EDP architecture standards.
- Work with principal architects to implement security designs.
- Work with the principal architects and infrastructure architects to ensure designs are compatible with other technology stacks (compute, storage & automation systems).
- Clearly articulate designs, design options and justify decisions confidently.
- Work with infrastructure developers to define requirements for orchestration process for network configuration.
- Create an implementation roadmap and identify work packages and bring them to execution.
The skills that are needed
- 10 years in the networking security space, with a hands-on engineering background
- 5 years working in the network security architecture and design space.
- understanding in other infrastructure areas such as compute, virtualization (hypervisor and k8s) and NAS storage concepts.
- The ability and experience of working with DevOps teams to enable full automated security lifecycle management.
- communicate with peers and architects, the ideas, designs and Documentation
- experience in rolling out on-premises cloud networks is a plus.
- Good English speaking/writing skills
- Firewalls – Palo Alto (Panorama) and Linux host based firewalls including iptables & eBPF
- Firewall management tools including Tufin
- Secure remote access solutions such as PA Prisma, ACI, Juniper
- DNSSEC (Infoblox Implementation Experience Preferred)
- Public cloud native network security solutions
- Logging/Event management for all security solutions/control points [Splunk (preferred) and/or ELK knowledge]
- Certificate management / Public and Private implementations
- Good knowledge of IAM solutions including IPA/IdM & LDAP
- Able to design orchestration workflows
- Knowledge of Terraform & amp; Ansible
- Fundamental understanding of network routing protocols (i.e. BGP)
Why you are in the right place when working with us
- Team spirit and diversity
- Work-life balance
- Attractive remuneration
- Employee benefits
- Numerous opportunities for training
- Team and sports events
- Global network
- Attractive employee referral program
Benefits may vary based on position and location. You can find an overview of our benefits under Careers and Benefits on our website.
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
Send us your application directly. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We welcome applications from people who contribute to the diversity of our company.
Akkodis - formed by the merger of AKKA & Modis - is a global leader in Engineering & IT. As a global partner in an ever-changing technology & competitive environment, we support our customers with our 360° offering to create a more sustainable & smarter future. United by our shared passion for technology & talent, we look at the world from a new perspective. Every day, our 50,000 motivated engineers & digital experts go beyond the possible to create the incredible.
Phone +49 711/35166322