The future belongs to those who drive innovation, inspire transformation and fuel collaboration. Our commitment is achieved by working together with our clients in combining the key technologies IT, Engineering and Life Sciences in order to develop innovative solutions for the future. We connect top companies with the sharpest minds in IT. All of them united by their burning passion to make use of their talents in order to master the challenges ahead. Are you one of them?
If so, you are what we are looking for, for one of our international customer next to Darmstadt. The open position is a direct placement.
The Network Engineer is responsible for all Network Engineering activities for the assigned project(s), including technical support in pilot projects and technical demonstrations. He/she maintains contact with customer in order to define their expectations and then optimise the network accordingly. He/she ensures that the network remains compatible with the customer applications.
He/she is responsible for planning, configuring and integrating and documenting the customer network(s) in conjunction with the Hub Engineering department and operations teams. On a regular basis, he/she is responsible for checking and improving the network design in order to optimise customer network performance and availability. Constantly looking for new opportunities where our products and services can benefit the customer.
What you can do for us
- Recognising customer expectations and demands
- Regular meetings with the customer operations staff to cover operational issues and anomalies
- Optimising the network with regard to the technical demands of the customer applications
- Designing, configuring and integrating networks
- Support network growth by sizing, planning for new equipment and their installation
- Creating technical recommendations for capacity expansion, network analyses, reliability, statistics, etc.
- Effectively planning, configuring and integrating networks from the pilot phase to operational service
- Ensuring that all network design elements are taken into account and tested in order to mitigate difficulties arising when it comes to going live
- Providing suggestions for optimising customer network performance and availability
- Documenting all problems that occur and the approaches taken to solve them
- Providing regular and on request status reports
Coordination/Management of On-Call schedule
New Technology introduction
- Follow introduction of new technologies by major vendors relevant to the Business.
- Plan integration, testing and introduction of new vendors
- Design and implement necessary changes to networks to adopt the new technologies.
Supporting other departments
- Supporting all departments in the company as required
- Assisting the Operations department and customer in solving network specific problems as part of the escalation process including visiting customer premise as required
The skills that are needed
- Electrical engineering or computer sciences university degree, masters degree desirable
- Must be an expert in TCP / IP and routing with Cisco CCIE
- Knowledge in all the areas mentioned below, minimum 3 of these being core competence:
- LAN and WAN networking technologies, protocols and standards,
- Internet standards and applications,- computer hardware and software
- earth station operations, satellite systems and link budgets
- data communication, network technology and system/router configurations
- one or more operating systems (Linux and Windows)
- SNMP, Multicast
- VSATcommunication knowledge
- DSL and other terrestrial solutions, network security, firewalls, IDS/IPS
- Network analysis tools and troubleshooting
- industry standards understanding (PCI, ISO)
- technical writing (policies, procedures, design documents, network diagrams)
- Proven experience in network design, IP routing incl. EIGRP, BGP, RIP, MPLS, PPPoE and security
- Experience with retail network deployment
- IPv6, Basic Work with Databases (ms-sql, postgress, mysql)
- Programming (C#, php) or scripting (Perl) is an Advantage
- Valid visa to work in Germany
Why you are in the right place when working with us
We connect the right professionals with the right project, as we do by connecting you with our recruiting projects! Our path together begins with trying to comprehend your ambitions. We shall work together to help you achieve your career objective, by investing in your professional development and mentoring, and by coaching you throughout your career. Modis is a global leader in professional solutions and a dynamic brand with a global focus. We are pursuing ambitious goals in a key market. Our affiliation with Adecco Group opens up a wide array of career choices for you.
You can hardly wait to get to know us? Then a simple click will quickly connect you with us. Just click on "APPLY NOW“ to send us your application.
Frau Alexandra Grimmrecruitingcenteremail@example.com
Phone +49 69/668194400www.modis.com