Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company's global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar's operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long-term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
Overview of the Role
Applications are invited from experienced A Class Electricians who will be responsible for electrical maintenance and repair of industrial plant and equipment and to assist the company to achieve environmental, quality and production targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Installation, modification and commissioning of new plant and equipment, in conjunction with Engineering
- Perform planned maintenance and equipment inspections, schedule servicing and preventative maintenance tasks
- Perform modification work to existing plant machinery and equipment
- Perform electrical tasks, especially fault finding
- Undertake fault finding on PLC and SCADA Systems
- Perform high voltage switching operations for maintenance and plant outages
- Current unrestricted A Class Electrical Licence
- High Voltage training a requirement for continuous shift and shift relief positions
- Experience in mining/resources industry or similar
- Demonstrated experience with PLC control systems and electronic variable speed drives
- Possess a working knowledge of AS3000 wiring rules
- Possess a working knowledge of the SAP system
Nyrstar Port Pirie is ideally located on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia, just two and a half hours drive (north west) from Adelaide.
Port Pirie proudly regards itself as the 'city of friendly people' and enjoys a relaxed lifestyle, with unspoilt surroundings. Port Pirie is close to beaches, the stunning Flinders Rangers and Mount Remarkable National Park. With state and private education, an enviable plethora of sporting facilities and clubs, affordable housing and a 10-minute commute to work; it's easy to have a great lifestyle in Port Pirie.
If you are considering a move from Adelaide or a sea change - there has never been a better time.
This position is offered on a residential basis (i.e - you live in Port Pirie), with the option to work a 4 day working week roster. We can provide more information on this option if you are suitably qualified for the position.
The Port Pirie smelting operations have undergone a significant capital investment over recent years and will be at the forefront of lead and polymetallic smelting operations. This is an exciting time to join this dynamic organisation.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within the workforce. We encourage female applicants. Nyrstar Port Pirie Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees. Nyrstar Port Pirie is a non-smoking site. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.
For more information on the role, please contact Leah on 08 8306 8200 or click the Apply button to send in your application