One of our premium government clients based in Brisbane is looking for a Release Manager. The contract is until end Dec 2021 with potential for extension where you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of this client.
About the role
Managing and leading a team of ICT professionals to plan and deliver the Release Program for the Queensland Health rostering, payroll and finance solutions. The position reports to the Director, Program Delivery. The position links closely with other managers across Corporate Enterprise Solutions to ensure an effective integrated solution is maintained
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in forward planning the release program that supports the delivery of the rostering, payroll and finance solutions.
- Manage and lead a team of ICT professionals in the delivery of integrated workforce management and financial solutions and services to our client by effectively managing resources, risks, service levels, deadlines and outcomes and ensuring availability and robustness of processes and systems to support release delivery.
- Provide leadership on specialised projects designed to implement agency-wide improvements to workforce management solutions in required timeframes and within established project management frameworks.
- Provide expert advice in relation to assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation releases, including the evaluation of risks identified for the proposed implementation.
- Lead the creation of release plans and schedules to ensure all release activities are identified, scheduled and managed across the lifecycle of the release.
- Ensure implementation schedules are developed in partnership with the business and post go live and support activities are planned and effective.
- Provide expert technical advice on environment and transport management matters to ensure availability and robustness of environment landscapes for our clients' enterprise corporate applications (including SAP finance (S/4HANA), SAP HCM and Workbrain).
- Facilitate program, environment management, implementation, and options analysis workshops, manage cutover rehearsals and productions "go/no go" meetings.
- Prepare release highlight reports to report on achievements, progress, risks and issues as well as on-going written and verbal release status updates as required.
- Control the movement of release activities through the release lifecycle to validate the completion of release activities and escalate risks and issues as required.
- Investigate, promote, influence and drive the resolution of complex release management issues and the generation of service improvement opportunities through the development, implementation, ongoing management and improvement of Corporate Technology Services processes.
- Ensure all aspects of the development and modification of the rostering, payroll and finance solutions are aligned with relevant ICT strategies, policies standards and practices, and that existing and planned systems and IT infrastructure remain compatible.
- Research and apply new frameworks such as Agile and Scaled Agile Framework to improve the ability to respond to evolving business needs and technology.
- Provide expert and strategic advice through briefing notes or other communication channels as required on a broad variety of topics either proactively to manage risks and issues or as requested including reporting to the Change and Release management boards.
- Represent Corporate Technology Services as required in high level and often complex communications, collaboration, negotiations and other interactions with clients, vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Lead effective cross team collaboration to ensure thorough business impact assessments and change management are undertaken and effective delivery of solutions according to agreed criteria to achieve the desired business benefits
- Demonstrated success in providing leadership, management and motivation to a team of information technology professionals, with a strong focus on meeting outcomes, quality client service, and customer driven culture in an environment of change, in compliance with human resource policies
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of contemporary environment management concepts, principles, methodologies and tools relevant to production support and development landscapes
- Proven operational experience in a Release Management role in a large complex organisation, with demonstrated experience in building large and complex release plans and schedules to support ERP implementations
- Advanced communication skills with demonstrated ability to provide advice, consult and negotiate with senior management and a diverse range of stakeholders, including vendors and suppliers, on complex and strategic issues, and build effective client and stakeholder relationships in an environment of change
- Demonstrated high level project management skills and the ability to design and implement systems and processes leading to improvement in operational efficiency and effectiveness
Our client is looking for Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rose Hampton on 07 3287 8111 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies, Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"