Our client is a government organisation, and they are seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a long-term contract. The purpose of this position is to provide technical business analysis services to programs and projects within the department's ICT-enabled portfolio. The role will be required to work closely with a range of stakeholders within the program and sometimes with across multiple agencies to facilitate business process analysis, requirements gathering and analyst support through the solution design and implementation activities.
This is a key position that bridges the gap between business and technology functions and associated stakeholders.
The Department has adopted a cloud first approach to the implementation of new solutions and capabilities and has a strong focus on leveraging integration capabilities to inform joined up service delivery
Role and responsibilities -
Key responsibilities of the Technical Business Analyst role include:
- Lead detailed systems design process by documenting project artefacts including but not limited to interface requirements, data requirements and relationships, functional/non-functional requirements, statement of work, test scenarios and benefits management collateral.
- Provide informed advice to technical implementation resources on the business impacts of implementation options and compromises.
- Contribute and participate in prototyping activities where required.
- Performing system analysis on application, interface (API) and data model designs to assure successful delivery of business outcomes.
- Establish networks with functional business analysts and representatives and Analysis to identify as early as possible solution inefficiency and functionality by liaising with business analysts and end-users.
- Reporting to Program management and obtaining approval for system designs by presenting options.
- Supporting change management resources by providing analysis on embed and sustain strategy and risks.
- Analysing and improving the performance of cloud-based application solutions and support services while maintaining business outcomes.
- Ensuring that platform cloud components and resources remain compatible with business outcomes during platform system enhancements and updates.
- Supporting security architecture by understanding the solution information classification and security strategy to assist with the early identification of security risks in emerging designs and implementation decisions
Skills and experience -
- Demonstrated ability in business requirements capture and analysis, process modelling through to requirements testing within a government environment.
- Extensive experience in engaging directly with frontline staff and business areas to understand requirements and translate these into technically achievable deliverables.
- Advanced knowledge in the specification of integration requirements, preferably for Dynamics365 projects
- Strong experience and knowledge in all phases of various Agile and Waterfall based System Development Lifecycles (SDLC).
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications including information modelling of database, desktop, mobility, infrastructure (server and operating system), infrastructure (virtualisation and storage), and software solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of BPMN software and drawing tools e.g. MS Visio.
- Demonstrated ability in delivery of solutions through agile iteration/sprint cycles and experience with other project delivery methodology.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills. Approach negotiations with a strong grasp of the key issues. Understands the desired objectives and associated strengths and weaknesses. Anticipates the position of the other party, frames arguments accordingly and strives to achieve an outcome that delivers benefits for both parties.
- High level interpersonal skills as demonstrated by successful outcomes in the areas of presentation, consultation, negotiation and change management including the ability to prepare, coordinate and present timely and accurate advice.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical specialities: SQL, C#, .Net, Dynamics365, DevOps.
- See application/technology build through to completion, monitoring progress and clarifying/resolving any issues along the life cycle.
- Commit to achieving quality outcomes and ensures documentation procedures are maintained and stakeholders' expectations are met.
- Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues.
- A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science is highly regarded.
- Take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Demonstrate initiative and proactively steps in and does what is required. Commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Develop functional specifications by analysing business processes and requirements
- Develop technical specification of data models as an outcome of the data analysis
- Develop specification for common technical function and non-functional specifications
- Documentation of systems and enterprise architecture
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rose Hampton
T-+61 7 3287 8111
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds