- 12-month contract with a 12-month extension
- Flexible working arrangement
- Must have a Negative Vetting Security Clearance
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced Cloud Solution Architect to join their team.
About the role
The Department is embracing a blended, multi-cloud setting, encompassing a variety of service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce, and other on-premises enterprise services.
The primary emphasis of this position will involve collaborating within a team to design, implement, and enhance the foundational AWS and Azure capabilities of the department, along with deploying crucial strategic applications into these environments.
- Ensuring designs and implementation meet governance and security requirements.
- Planning and migration of pilot workloads and applications into AWS.
- Technical assurance services for project and operational engineering teams.
- Development of design and operational documentation.
- Attendance of daily scrums and manage work items assigned using Microsoft DevOps and the Agile methodology.
- Ensure cloud solutions align to better practice and whole of government cyber security overlay and compliance with the Essential 8.
- Development of Infrastructure-as-code and Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- AWS Architect Expertise: Skilled in architecting foundational AWS capabilities with a solution-centric approach.
- AWS 'As a Service' Delivery: Experienced in delivering 'as a service' capabilities using AWS technologies.
- Security Mastery - IRAP PROTECTED Level: Proficient in securing AWS technologies to the IRAP PROTECTED level.
- Secure AWS Network Design and Troubleshooting: Hands-on expertise in designing and troubleshooting secure AWS networks, covering Direct Connect, Site-to-Site VPN, Transit Gateway, Network ACLs, Security Groups, and Network Firewall.
- AWS Organisations and Control Tower Pro: Hands-on experience in designing and implementing AWS Organisations with Control Tower.
- Identity and Access Management Pro: Hands-on experience in Identity and Access Management in a multi-account AWS environment with Service Control Policies.
- On-Premises and 'As a Service' Implementation: Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing on-premises and 'as a service' capabilities.
- Systems Engineering Methodologies: Understanding and experience in applying Systems Engineering methodologies for complex ICT system development.
- Technology Leadership: Ability to provide engineering guidance and leadership within one or more technology domains.
- AWS Tool Proficiency: Experience with one or more of the following: AWS CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS CDK
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Augustine Sakala on (02) 6103 1836 OR Augustine.Sakala@Akkodisgroup.com
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Associate gatherings events
- AKKODIS SME meet ups/information sessions.
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management support team
Akkodis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Akkodis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Akkodis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies, Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Privacy Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Akkodis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"