Modis - Cyber System Administrator
- Modis are currently seeking a System Administrator
- Canberra Location
- On Site
- NV2 required
- 12 months +2 x 12 months ext
Some questions for you?
- Are you a System Admin ?
- Want to get more involved in Cyber ?
- Do you have previous System Admin experience / Skills that you would like to build up on ?
If so, please see below!!!
The System Administrator will be part of a growing Cyber Security project team responsible for undertaking complex activities and tasks across a broad range of technologies and disciplines within the department.
The successful candidate will have showcased their experience in design, development and integration of systems, with a strong focus on OS/Application hardening and exemplary documentation skills. They may have previous experience as a Senior technologist or be looking to move laterally into a Mission-focused role delivering Cyber capability for Australia.
Embedded within a growing area, the System Administrator will lead and conduct these activities within the project team while working cohesively and flexibly with levels of stakeholders within and external to the Department.
This specialist will work in a rapid and dynamic environment enabling critical mission systems in support of Australian Infrastructure and the Australian Government Cyber mission.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying the hardware and software system requirements for complex IT systems, or Cyber Security systems.
- Experience also in security investigations, or auditing and proven ability to work closely with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Experience in ensuring that system designs suitably consider function, service quality, security, maintenance and sustainability requirements.
- Experience in integrating technology in an Enterprise, Government or Multinational system focusing on automated data transfer or Cyber security.
- Experience in team leadership and proven skills in planning, design, implementation hardening and maintaining one or more of the following technologies domains.
- Linux Systems administration
- Cloud Systems administration
- Network and security administration
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering DevOps or SecOps environments, including system tools for scripts and automation processes, log analysis and metric reporting.
- Proven experience in managing configuration control, identifying and analysing system variations/discrepancies, assessing security risks and implementing solutions in accordance with (IAW) Corporate requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in one or more of; OS hardening, IdAM solutions, system architecture or security analysis.
- A detailed understanding of system and network protocols (e.g. DNS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, ) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Conceptual understanding of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and the frameworks used to model and frame the various phases of cyberattacks.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Threat Intelligence or SIEM platforms;
- Cloud Infrastructure (Public, Private, Hybrid);
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes);
- Software - defined storage (CEPH, Object Storage)
- Software Development (Python, Java)
- Must be Australian Citizen
- Must have current NV2
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role only those who meet the minimum requirements of the role will receive a response!
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Hussein Tabaja on Hussein.firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies, Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"