One of our federal government clients based in Canberra is looking for a highly experienced and committed Engineering Manager for a 12 month + extension options.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- leading and managing the technical resources to deliver technical products, consistent with the approved scope and schedule;
- interpreting policy relating to technical certification and security accreditation, in consultation with applicable policy stakeholders;
- developing and implementing the systems engineering framework and related planning documents for the Project including related disciplines such as systems engineering, requirements/backlog management, technical (and security) certification, system safety, configuration management, release management, and Test and Evaluation (T&E);
- technical risk identification, analysis, control and monitoring;
- forecasting technical resource requirements for the Project and contributing to updates to the Workforce Plan as required; and
- supporting commercial procurement activities including the collaborative development of Statement of Work(s) (SOWs) with Strategic Partner(s)/industry.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Formal training or extensive experience as a systems engineer
- Demonstrated understanding on the systems engineering discipline and practical application of associated concepts including; requirements definition, design and readiness reviews, system safety, configuration management and audits, verification and validation and technical certification.
- Experience or ability to quickly acquire knowledge in technical regulatory framework utilised in the Defence context.
- Experience with sustainment arrangements.
- Experience or the ability to quickly acquire working knowledge with the Defence Strategic Framework, Defence Capability Life Cycle and the related governance requirements.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Security Certification and Accreditation process.
- Understanding of the Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, and cyber worthiness principles.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, software development methodologies (such as Agile and Dev Ops), test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments
Who is MODIS
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australian
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.