Modis has been engaged by a Federal Government department to assist in sourcing a infrastructure Lead Engineer. The department embarking on a project to renew almost all aspects of its ICT infrastructure and support arrangements to create a modern, efficient, secure and fit-for purpose environment tailored to the needs of the organisation. The Infrastructure Lead Engineer will also potentially be involved in the specification and evaluation phases of the renewal
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Be the technical lead on all matters related to client, server, storage, backup and cloud infrastructure;
- Document the existing technical environment, including server physical and virtual configurations, network topology and firewall configurations;
- Design, specify and implement infrastructure upgrades at the direction of CISO; Troubleshoot the most complex technical problems, engaging with external providers when appropriate;
- Act as a source of technical guidance and escalation point for the Help Desk team; and
- Design and implement a firewall monitoring plan
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High level on-premises server infrastructure experience, particularly in a thin client and virtual server environment.
- Strong experience with Citrix, VMWare and Windows Server. Industry qualifications in one or more of these product domains will be very highly regarded.
- Experience in firewall configuration and administration.
- Proven ability to produce useable system documentation.
- Proven ability to draft technical specifications.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please connect with me on Wajeeha.email@example.com 02 6103 1837 - Or better yet submit your profile by APPLY NOW! And I will give you a call once reviewed your profile to discuss the opportunity or other relevant roles within Modis.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"