One of our premium clients based in Canberra is looking for a highly experienced and committed Interaction Designer / User Researcher for 6 month contract plus extension options. The role will be responsible for driving a human-centric approach to service delivery, with a focus on understanding customer, business, and technology needs and balancing these to deliver effective digital services. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public.
Main Responsibilities for this role:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team, to help define a minimum viable product (MVP) that can be deployed, iterated and improved to add additional value, based on user feedback.
- Lead user research activities to understand user needs and inform decision-making, taking the lead in identifying appropriate research questions and methods, planning and undertaking a range of quantitative and qualitative research, and synthesising findings into actionable insights.
- Effectively scope, plan, and recruit participants for research and usability testing activities.
- Develop design artefacts including user journey maps, experience maps, task analysis, wireframes, and interactive prototypes of proposed solutions to communicate findings effectively to numerous stakeholders, including team members, product owners and executives.
- Work closely with the team's User Interface Designer to develop interface components in alignment with existing design systems, and contribute to the growth of the design system.
- Generate ideas and iteratively design system components, user pathways, information architecture, navigation, and the experience language of services, ensuring a balance between user needs, business objectives, and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Conduct Co-Design and collaborative workshops, to re-frame problems into opportunities, generate ideas, and run design experiments (in order to validate, test, and iterate on service solutions).
We are seeking an experienced User Experience Designer / User Researcher who will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to advise, plan, conduct, and lead user research activities and help ensure new products, and service improvements are designed to meet user needs.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates relevant experience leading, planning, and undertaking qualitative and quantitative user research activities and overseeing expert advice from multiple sources, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Experience in mapping, synthesising research, developing insights, and clearly articulating and presenting findings to inform and drive decision, through the development of user journey's, experience maps, and customer storyboards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in managing bias within research and a genuine interest in understanding human needs and behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience providing direction and leading multi-disciplinary design teams in the prototyping and delivery of minimal viable products/services within the confines of a Design System, including developing value propositions, service principles, user flows, layouts, information architecture, and navigation in accordance with accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- An influential communicator with demonstrated experience leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Data Analysis capability
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, etc.)
Please note: Only Australian Citizens with a baseline clearance will be considered for this role.
Who is Modis
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"