Modis has been engaged by a Federal Government department to assist in sourcing a PICS / CICS Programmers
The department has a need to engage two temporary contractor resources to fill the role of Passports Issue and Control System (PICS) Team Programmers to provide liaison skills with third party suppliers including service providers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide PICS programming services for the department.
- Ensure PICS services and underlying infrastructure are operating at maximum efficiency;
- Conduct forward planning to ensure mainframe systems meet future demand;
- Provide liaison skills with third party suppliers including service providers;
- Provide planning and technical advice for management;
- Engage with department's project teams and provide advice regarding PICS services and capabilities;
- Ensure Help Desk services are provided for PICS.
- Provide after-hours support on a rotating shift roster.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with PL/1, CICS, VSAM, MQSeries, TSO, SDF2 and JCL;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and assist midrange Business Analysts to develop Software Requirements Specifications which appropriately integrate with mainframe applications;
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and solve complex application problems with minimal impact to the business;
- Ability to liaise with business clients and third party suppliers to achieve business outcomes; and
- Proven track-record of producing high quality technical reference and support documentation.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please connect with me on Wajeeha.firstname.lastname@example.org 02 6103 1837 - Or better yet submit your profile by APPLY NOW! And I will give you a call once reviewed your profile to discuss the opportunity or other relevant roles within Modis.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"