- Our Federal Government Client is looking for Project Manager in Canberra, ACT
- 06 months contract with 03 months extension available
- Candidate must be Australian Citizen | Security Clearance: None Required
Join our client's journey to lead the safety of our waters, taking the responsibility to fight marine pollution and save the lives of people in emergencies. This is an opportunity to improve the reliability of data needed for critical operations, setting higher standards for the industry and providing better protection. You will work closely in a small team where your work ethic and contributions are highly respected.
Reporting to the Business Change Principal, the Project Manager will lead numerous projects aimed at delivering business process improvements and organisational change capabilities. The key project this position will be responsible for is leading the establishment of an enterprise-wide project portfolio capability, including a project management office (PMO). The role will work across numerous areas within the department, relevant senior managers and subject matter experts to design and implement new processes and systems, influence a positive change culture across the organisation and deliver changes to organisational capability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, develop and implementation of an enterprise wise PMO
- Prepare and maintain the project management artefacts and prepare reports.
- Manage project governance and assurance processes, identify, and manage risks and resolve issues.
- Liaise widely to ensure that dependencies are identified and there is no duplication in related projects.
- Contribute specialist expertise to develop organisational capability and realise the benefits.
- Engage and engender support for the target state among both internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Facilitate decisions required to progress the project and inform the Program Manager of any deviations from the plan.
- Guide the organisational change including clear and consistent communication active engagement practices and celebrating and advertising success.
- Track and report on the project's budget position and use of resources.
- Take responsibility for overall progress, resolving issues, management of assets, quality reviews and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Commit to the client Code of Conduct and Values.
- Minimum 05 years' experience successfully delivering complex business, IT and change projects within large organisations, with an emphasis on delivering successful business outcomes. Qualifications in Project
- Management or a related area (Advanced Diploma equivalent level or above)
- Proven track record in successfully establishing PMOs, project management, delivery and benefits realisation skills, preferably across multiple projects within a large program of work.
- Ability to take direction, manage forums and work groups, execute a project plan and influence change.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing complex project plans, schedules, options papers, solution designs and other project artefacts as required.
- Well-developed written and interpersonal skills including presenting to a variety of different audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of, or improvements to, business processes and/or systems within legislative frameworks during organisational change.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a small, dynamic team environment.
The application closing date is on 22/09/2022.
If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Teja Kuchimanchi on 02 6103 1852 OR teja.kuchimanchi@MODIS.COM
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies, Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"