One of our premium government is looking for multiple Cyber Security Officer for a 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month extension options. The occupant of this role, in collaboration with Cyber Security team members, conducts security risk assessments and develops cyber security focussed architecture advice and solutions for business and infrastructure stakeholders and allied practices including Physical Security and HR.
This role provides a powerful value-add to the OCIO by ensuring that existing and new services not only meet business needs but are cyber risk managed based on best practice information security principles. This position also engages with other domain architects to support the secure transformation of ICT Service delivery models, including APIs, into cloud hosted environments that the client and many other agencies are currently undertaking.
- Ensure compliance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Engage with project stakeholders to drive outcomes to achieve business benefits, meet business requirements and deliver innovation, risk and value objectives.
- Support the wider security team in monitoring, analysing, and trending log data for many data sources
- Perform log analysis, threat research and hunting, and cyber intelligence risk assessments.
- Creating and circulating documentation to showcase procedures to assist with knowledge sharing across business units.
The succesful candidate will have the following:
Proven experience in delivering IT Security services in accordance with Australian Government Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework
- Proven experience in Enterprise wide IT Security Architecture analysis and design including strong business engagement skills. Experience in cloud technologies and design.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a complex entity across ICT Risk and Security Management.
- Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, building rapport and managing stakeholder expectations
NV2 is preferred
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians