One of our premium government client based in Canberra is looking for one full time & one part time highly experienced and committed Senior SQL Server Database Administrator for a contract for initial 9 month, with extension options. The successful candidate will be expected to assit the team to:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Perform problem analysis and rectification in response to system outages and issues.
- Performance monitoring and provide necessary assistance to Developers to solve performance issues
- Database admin, performance monitoring in Cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
- Lead motivate and mentor junior staff.
The Succesful candidate will have experience with:
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings and Data analytics /data Science related services is desirable.
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Please note: Only Australian Citizen who is currently holding Negative Vetting Level 1 Sercurity Clearance will be considered for this role.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians