Our client is a global telco vendor. They are looking forward to hire Core-Network engineer to support the operational activities for the IP/MPLS and Packet Code nodes in the network. In addition to BAU activities, the resource will also be involved in carrying out the acceptance activities during the handover from project delivery into Operations, participate in monitoring the activities during the project deployment or upgrades and will also be supporting the primary MS CORE SME on roster if needed. The role supervises the execution of the on-site Network Implementation activities in liaison with the Roll out or Project/MS Manager for whole or part of a customer project, ensuring the project activities are being delivered in scope of contractual obligations, Functional Performance Specification, timeline and quality. The role is required to represent Managed Services team and carry out certain project tasks, activities and operational acceptance of the sites. Key Responsibilities and Requirements
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Hands-on experience required for Nokia IP and PS/CS Core Products (7750 SR, 7750 MG, 7210, 7705, R4 MSS, MGW and CMM)
- Contributes to the development of the roll out plans with the Roll Out or Project/MS Manager as required or when requested.
- Manages and coordinates the Network Implementation according to project plan and deployment processes.
- Coordinates and facilitates site design, equipment engineering and Telecom Implementation with relevant stakeholders (GSD, customer engineering, Managed Services, network integration, NPO, subcontractors, etc.)
- Manages defects and claims in own area of responsibility escalating when needed technical issues.
- Coordinates and/or conducts site/safety visits and quality audits as defined in project plan or when requested by MS team.
- Ensures that equipment installation results are according to the detailed installation Method of Procedure (MoP) and/or specifications and that they follow Nokia quality standards and all local applicable regulations and as outlined in the ORCA (Operational Readiness and Checklist for Acceptance) process framework.
- Collects, verifies and approves site documentation (site design, as-built, etc.) and ensures its timely and quality delivery.
- Manages clearance of site defects and all punch-list outstanding items with suppliers and approves site readiness prior to the Site Acceptance by the MS and Nokia customer team.
- Can act as the Field Quality and EHS Inspector for another project than own managed project when required or requested.
- Ensures that deployment management relies on fact-based and verified schedules and forecasts and provides necessary required inputs into the process for critical decision making.
- Collects actual services delivery performance information and determines the causes to any perceived deviation and alerts the Operations Manager without fail.
- Collects information to provide latest estimates to completion and flag any inconsistencies.
- Follows up and reports the work progress related to time schedule and quality to Roll out or Project/MS Manager and escalates the deviations.
- Monitors and controls services delivery against quality processes and operational KPIs.
- Follows up service supplier performance and report to Roll out or Project/MS Manager.
- Applies best practices and improvement initiatives from past experiences.
- Offers flexibility and willing to work over-time or weekends when requested to achieve critical project timelines.
You must have working rights in Australia.
If this sounds like you please email your word format resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . For a confidential discussion please call .
(02) 8028 3142