One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Agile Business Analyst. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company. Ideally you will have 3-5 years' experience working within the insurance domain, only applicants with insurance background will be considered for this opportunity.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with clients/business
- Assesses target audience needs and communicates appropriately
- Involved in initial requirements workshop with clients (pre-discovery/idea initiation phase).
- Creation of high-level features in IBM RTC/JIRA/Mingle agile tools.
- Conducting detailed requirements gathering workshops with clients (discovery phase).
- Breaking down the feature into high level user stories.
- Organizing the feature estimation session with the team to come up with estimates for the high-level user stories.
- Supporting the design/solution team during the solution definition of the requirement.
- Supporting the project to get an OOM (Order of Magnitude) effort/cost ready for endorsement.
- Breakdown of the stories into deliverables which can be planned in an iteration/sprint.
- Fleshing out the acceptance criteria for the user stories and sizing them up.
- Reviewing test cases for the acceptance criteria defined in each user story.
- Getting approval/signoff of Product Owner on the acceptance criteria for the user stories.
- Supporting development and testers during the Evolve phase of the iteration/sprint.
- Involved in pre-user testing and pre-production verification testing of the application.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a BA in Insurance domain
- Agile Methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc. with the ability to write high quality Epic, Features and User stories.
- Technical and functional knowledge to identify risks (e.g., risks with scope, architecture, requirement, etc.); communicates the obstacles to the Product Manager/Product Owner before the blocker hits the team
- Two or more years' experience collaboratively leading an agile software development team.
- Experience using ALM tools
- Excellent written and oral collaboration skills
- Undertake a key liaison role in developing a solid and trustworthy relationship between the client
- Good communication and people skills
- Demonstrated customer centricity
- Flexible work approach to meet project and support needs
- Experience working with people from different cultures and time zones
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Agile Business Analysis skill set to this organisation.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds.