One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed individual for a Deployment Manager role. This key position will be responsible for the management of deployment planning and execution of activities across testing and production environments.
- Create, review, and manage approval and roll out of deployment plans
- Facilitate conversations between the project delivery team and technology service management for change records
- Facilitate the creation, review, approval, roll out and execution of run sheets (deploy and back out)
- Create, maintain and present dynamic diagrams for pre/main/post deployment activities
- Create and conduct technical deployment walkthroughs
- Manage Control Room planning activities such as logistics, set-up, rosters, handover procedure and communication activities
- Set up, manage and lead the end-to-end process for Control Room activities
- Collaborate with personnel from the Service Delivery and Transition Stream group on environment management, release and change management, and deployment-related test activities
- Coordinate with the project manager and delivery stream lead on the creation of the decision framework (i.e. Go/No-Go criteria and stakeholders, deployment escalation matrix and procedure, checkpoint management)
- Provide input to the project manager for the Go-Live Document, Delivery Readiness Dashboard and Deployment Minute
- Provide input to the project manager for the Change Approval Board (CAB), and weekly and monthly status reports
- Conduct post-deployment reviews, and document and implement continuous improvements
- Use ALM for defect management activities during deployment
- Use Cherwell for incident management
- Use Cherwell for test environments and production change records management
- Use SharePoint as repository for deployment deliverables
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong background and proven experience in deployment management across testing and production environments
- Strong track record of supporting complex projects in previous engagements
- Strong experience with the use of project lifecycle management tools such as ALM and Cherwell
- Able to translate technical data into 'easy to understand' information
- Team management experience
- Experience in infrastructure deployments and digital transformation programs
- Experience creating, reviewing and rolling out a deployment management process
- Ability to support multiple projects at once
- Advanced proficiency in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and SharePoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst providing quality outcomes
- A dynamic, respectful and professional approach to collaboration with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain (at Bureau expense) a baseline security clearance.
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Understanding of defect and incident management processes specific to deployment activities
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring in deployment management skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Ravikumar Sammeta on 0428 407 454 / email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.