- Fantastic Long-Term Contract with Further Extensions
- Competitive Daily Rates
- Hybrid Working Arrangements
About the Company
Our client, an executive agency of the Australian Government is seeking an experienced application development engineer to provide support and maintenance to critical forecasting and observational data processing systems. This position requires you to demonstrate experience in developing and supporting complex applications in C/C++, Java, and scripting languages as Perl, Python and BASH within Linux environment.
- You will be involved in support, release, maintenance and enhancement of forecasting software as part of a small team or teams.
- Frequent planning and reporting to IT specialists, forecasters, policy managers, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Utilise your versatility skills developing software for different systems being implemented in different languages including Java, C++, and Python.
- The teams use Agile practices in combination with a variety of tools for managing the systems including git, Jenkins, and Jira amongst others.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining, and testing Java, C/C+ applications and scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and BASH in Linux environments (RedHat preferred).
- Excellent communications abilities both written and oral
- Liaise with researchers, engineers, project managers, within the team, other IT staff, external vendors, and management.
- Demonstrated experience with modern collaborative software development practices,
- Expertise with problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex software applications.
- Dependable in achieving objectives and deadlines
- Experience working within an application support team following an IT Service management process, ITIL.
- Use of scientific data formats and distribution platforms e.g., NetCDF, HDF5, RAPIC
- Experience with scientific or complex data objects and algorithms such as radar data.
- Experience with web technologies for providing monitoring and management portals to systems.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Sneha Singh on Sneha.Singh@akkodisgroup.com
Joining Akkodis as a Consultant
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- Akkodis SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Akkodis, is a global leader in the engineering and R&D market that is leveraging the power of connected data to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. The combined IT and engineering expertise brings a unique end-to-end solution offering, with four service lines - Consulting, Solutions, Talents and Academy.
"Akkodis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds".