Our client is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, they have uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet, Serving customers in over 100 countries. They are currently looking forward to hire number of experienced Network Engineers who can start asap.
- We are seeking people with technical domains of:
- Services (Optus Products and Customer Equipment)
- Network (Optus Networks and Network Equipment ie Nokia, Huawei, Cisco, Ericsson, just about everything in Telco)
- Systems - HP Service Manager 9, Optus Systems, Vendor tools
- The shifts on the 24/7 rota
- Tier 0, Tier 1, Tier 2 functions
The Network Engineer will have primary responsibility for
- Occasional Shift supervision
- Incident management
- Analysis and problem solving
- Routine maintenance
- Managing the implementation of network change
- Developing, managing and executing to a plan
- Monitoring, measuring and recommending ways to improve network performance and the customer's experience
- Assuring and reporting on IFMS quality as outlined in OM12
- Working to guidelines and providing recommendations for improvement
- Improving customer experience
- Manage and resolve customer incidents within set KPI's
- May be required to perform shift supervisor role which will include staff administration for the shift, monitoring of the incident queue to ensure all incidents are progressing to meet KPI, delegation of tasks, coordination of resources during a major, escalation of incidents that are not resolved within KPI, and effective handover to next shift.
- Liaise with other fixer groups within the NMC, Field, Exchange, Tier2, Engineering and vendors.
- Escalation of service incidents to relevant fixer group in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Escalation of incidents which meet "major" criteria to the Optus Command Centre (OCC).
- Prioritise and complete maintenance and routine tasks with minimal supervision, to deliver maximum service availability.
- Overview of technical knowledge of Optus platforms and solutions
- Continuous process review, improvements and implementation
- Undertake complex problem solving and analysis (e.g. Incidents)
- Create and update work instructions
- Sound knowledge of Transmission network equipment
- Sound knowledge on relevant network architecture
- Strong working knowledge across Optus network and architecture
- Present recommendations for network optimisation
- Clearly communicate network design and recommendations
- Keep abreast of technology, development and integration appraisal reviews where applicable
- Interface to co-ordinate and resolve network design and/or process related issues
- Participate in production network cutover procedures as required ensuring minimal customer impact and including seamless network rollback activities if required
- Work autonomously and proactively to solve problems with minimal direction
- Take ownership of customer faults
- Support of the following products, but not limited to - Broadlink, Datalink, Wavelink, Lightlink, E-Link, Transparent LAN, Frame Relay, ATM, DSL
Consumer and Value Added Services
- Support of the following products, but not limited to - Consumer Value Added Services, RADIUS/DHCP, LDAP services, Optusnet DSL Dialup and Cable Internet, NBN, Optus Mobile products, MeTV, Converged Payments Platform, Smartpay, ICM, NDP/AAG, Optus Zoo Platform.
- Support of the following products, but not limited to - Evolve product suite, VPN Products, Transparent LAN, Optus Private Internet
Preference would be for previous experience working with Optus
If this sounds like you please email your word format resume directly to email@example.com . For a confidential discussion please call .
Senior Account Manager
Let's Connect https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepa-shetty-88755438/ +61 2 80283142