Modis has a position open for Oracle Database Administrator
We are a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
We have a requirement for an Oracle Database Administrator for our client in Public sector, based in Perth, WA.
The core objective of the Application Support DBA - is to ensure the performance, integrity, and security of the IMS Database. To achieve this objective requires:
- Solid understanding of ITIL
- Good understanding of PRINCE2
- Participate in all Agile Ceremonies.
- Solid understanding of the business domain, services, and processes
- Provide Oracle DBA expertise for the ongoing administration of IMS development and test environment and configuration of IMS application servers.
- Install IMS Software Releases' database components into IMS Function Testing environment.
- Package and provide the implementation support for deployment in IMS production/UAT environment.
- Debug scripts, QA and Unit Test Production Data Fixes for the IMS Application Support when required.
- Package and provide the implementation support for Production Data Fixes and Person Unmerges in IMS production/UAT environment.
- Package and provided the implementation support for Extracts in IMS production/UAT environment.
- Respond, investigate, and find resolutions for Application related incidents within agreed timeframes and coordinate root cause analysis and develop solutions to application related problems
- Good understanding of software development technologies including languages, databases and SOA.
- Develop and maintain key client stakeholder relationships
- Collaborate with third party suppliers as required
- Provision of Oracle DBA expertise to both development and testing teams, Inclusive of performance tuning.
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Understanding of Agile (desirable)
- Knowledge of Dev Ops (desirable but not essential)
- Packaging of database components generated by development team for deployment.
- Respond, investigate and find resolutions for Application related incidents within SLA's
- Good understanding of software development technologies including UNIX shell scripting languages and Oracle database
- Knowledge of Oracle Forms and reports, patching,
- Basic understanding of WebLogic server administration.
- Understanding of software version control concepts.
- Out of hours support during release implementation.
- Take full responsibility for training and delegating tasks to backfill DBA so a level of cover is available when the DBA is assisting projects for extended periods.
Additionally, the Applications Support DBA is required to:
- Contribute to task / work package estimation as required
- Undertake NV2 vetting
- Soft skills to be able to work both alongside a team and within a team
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities, and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about the diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Bharati on +61 8 6430 9360