QA Test Analyst
- Akkodis Australia are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Test Analyst
- Location: Tasmania, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth
Tasmania, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth.
Hybrid work environment.
Experience working on Data Warehouse projects?
QA experience with SAS & Oracle technologies?
6-month contract being offered
We are seeking a QA Test Analyst to join our dynamic team. This role offers a unique opportunity to work outside the typical office environment and gain hands-on experience in technical support. We are looking for candidates who are positive, energetic, and eager to learn, as training will be provided to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for success in this role.
Ensuring stability, availability and reliability of production platforms and applications through the planning and execution of functionally based user testing. The project - Data Warehouse Decommissioning, technologies are SAS and Oracle.
- Must have experience working with Base SAS, SAS DI Studio and Oracle (Oracle SQL developer modeller would be beneficial) would be the key requirements. Knowledge of Unix, Control M scheduling, Kimball etc is highly desirable.
- Developing project budget from project and resource plans, managing project through development and implementation stages according to budget.
- Delivering quality application change across various platforms through analysis, planning, creation and execution of User
- Acceptance Test designs, cases and procedures.
- Liaising with business users, business analysts and developers to ensure that planned testing meets their requirements.
- Acquiring and analysing all relevant documents for assigned projects to determine testing requirements.
- Consulting on testing matters to business and IT project managers.
- Executing Test cases for all assigned projects/enhancements.
- Raising any defects found during test and escalating in accordance with set procedures.
- Tracking progress of allocated test designs and test cases to ensure testing deadlines will be met.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience with Base SAS, SAS DI Studio and Oracle (Oracle SQL developer modeller would be beneficial) would be the key requirements. Knowledge of Unix, Control M scheduling, Kimball etc is highly desirable.
- Strong technical documentation/interpretation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding business issues linked to the applications being tested.
- Extensive knowledge of business procedures and systems.
- Willingness to learn new technology skills to keep pace with the improvements of the testing process.
- Problem analysis skills.
- Professional presentation and approach with all personal and business interactions including direct reports, peers and management.
If you are looking for an exciting and dynamic role that offers on-site experience and training to develop your technical skills, we encourage you to apply. We value a positive, energetic, and customer-focused approach in our team members and look forward to welcoming the right candidate into our organization.
- ISTQB certification highly desirable
Why Akkodis ?
Most Certified Tech Consultancy in Australia:
Akkodis delivers digital and engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Consulting, Solutions, Talent and Academy Modis enables businesses to transform, scale and perform. Akkodis has a global footprint with 50,000+ thinkers and makers in over 20 countries focused on Data Analytics & AI, Applications, Cloud Platforms and IoT. We specialise sectors of Energy & Clean Technology, Public Safety, Transport, Defence, Public Sector, Mining and Healthcare.
Here at Akkodis, we like to look after our own.
If successful and part of the team, you will be eligible for FREE upskilling. We are firm believers in career growth and development.
When YOU grow, WE grow. Some of our partnerships/certifications are:
- AWS Advanced Tier Partner
- Microsoft Gold Partner
- ISTQB Platinum Partner
- IIBA Gold Partner (Int Institute of BAs)
We are also:
- Fortune 500 Company
- Proud sponsor of the Mercedes Formula 1 Team
- Work Force Planning Team - Dedicated to managing your career
- Tech Academy - Dedicated for upskilling/reskilling.
- No payrolling process fees
- Consultant gathering events
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team.
Being the leading enabler in the Smart Industry for our customers, and the thought leader in the market to prepare for tomorrow.
Our focus is on developing a diverse team of people who want to excel. We offer careers that span countless domains, projects and challenges across IT and Engineering.
Our vision is to be a World Class technology partner, bringing Insight, Velocity, Value and our Smart People together, making a difference in our clients and the community.
Privacy: Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Akkodis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role only those who meet the minimum requirements of the role will receive a response!
Contact: Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to The RPO Team on RPO@akkodisgroup.com