Principal Solution Architect - Global Partners - Enterprise Transformation // Technical Director (GSI)
One of our premium data driven organisations is looking for a Principal Solution Architect for their Global Partners team. The ideal candidate is going to have experience working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. Possessing a technical background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management, field reps and pre-sales architects.
A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, ability to talk storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, CTO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. A broad depth and breath in technical skills in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud economics as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization, with a strong hands-on approach.
- Build a set of best practices around deal making and bid management for our largest deals and replicate across geographies.
- Work with Geo level and Country Partner management in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the partner.
- Key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
- Liaise with the Partner's field pre-sales organization, channels and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities.
- Help set a strategic business & technology development plan for Strategic Deals with the partner.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals
- Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful, making sure they have the technical resources required for successful adoption.
- Help partners cost optimize their solutions using techniques like right sizing infrastructure, using higher level application services
- Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings.
- Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners.
- Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products & accelerators.
- Up to 50% travel (Post COVID-19 Travel Restrictions)
- Significant experience in technology pre-sales, deal shaping for strategic opportunities.
- Experience driving and coordinating complex and strategic pre-sales engagements with or within a Global Systems Integrator.
- Hands on experience within the last three years in networking, security, database administration or development, application development, or system administration
- Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist.
- Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort.
- Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development.
- Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Experience working within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) category is highly desired.
- Proven experience driving revenue through partners with structured programs.
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
- Exhibit the attributes of learn and be curious by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
- Passion for working with global systems integrators
- Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure and adoption
- Experience in driving and successfully closing large complex deals in a highly matrixed organization
- Cloud and/or AWS experience.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please reach out to connect with me on LinkedIn @ Kieran Goldsworthy - Or better yet submit your profile by APPLY NOW! And I will give you a call once reviewed your profile to discuss the opportunity or other relevant roles within Modis.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"