Modis Sydney is currently engaged by a large data-driven enterprise to assist in sourcing an exceptional Director (Cloud) to join our client on a permanent contract basis.
The successful candidate will manage a wide range of responsibilities, including owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects and developing deep expertise in the cloud technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed. You will also be required to have excellent customer facing experience that will allow them to represent the business within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to all customers.
- Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to guarantee customer success in building applications and services on the Cloud platforms (Technical Pre-Sales).
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each technical engagement and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Be the central 'fountain of knowledge' and subject matter expert pertaining to cloud technologies.
- Highly technical and analytical, minimum 10 + years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on the server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers.
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Nice to haves'
- Computer Science or Maths background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
- AWS Certifications
- Background in working within the public sector
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please connect with me on LinkedIn @ Kieran Goldsworthy - Or better yet submit your profile by APPLY NOW! And I will give you a call once reviewed your profile to discuss the opportunity or other relevant roles within Modis.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"