Linux / AIX Engineer
About The Business and The Role
Our client is a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so our customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world.
As a FORTUNE™ 500 Company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the 8th consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Company and Find Your Forward with us.
What does a great System Engineer do?
The engineer will be responsible to lead complex projects and issues within the functional technical area and cross-functional area and collaborate with various business units. Besides coaching and leading IT staff with less experience, the engineer will lead projects, recommend strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
Ideally, you are an experienced Linux/AIX Engineer with knowledge in WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, AIX, Linux (RHEL & Oracle Linux) configuration and support.
- Install, Configure & Support Linux/AIX- Automation/Hardening/Monitoring/Backup
- Security Configuration - Manage system security on the servers - PCI DSS 3.2
- Establish network configuration and communication
- Involvement and participation in the coordination and resolution of application, operating system, database, and network issues at a technical level
- Perform application system level installs and upgrades and tuning of hardware as required
- Maintain change control procedures
- Advise on capacity planning for systems growth and application sizing
- Support disaster recovery strategy
- Implement system backup and application servers for test, production environments
- Ensure Company's existing systems continue to operate efficiently through ongoing activities and recommendations
- Participate in activities and provide recommendations to ensure capacity planning for the Server environment
- Ensure capacity planning for the server environment through activities and recommendations
- Developed technical writing skills (systems/network proposals)
Skills & Attributes
Evaluate, Recommend, Configure, Install, Administer and Support the Companies Server OS/Middleware which consists of:
- Linux - RHEL/Oracle Linux -Advanced
- AIX - Advanced
- Middleware - Advanced
- Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Experience with different network components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc..)
What is in it for you?
- A dynamic career packed with growth & future mobility opportunity within the organisation
Joining a leader in Financial Technology
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rashmi on +61 2 8031 6212 OR email@example.com
Joining Modis as a Consultant
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"