One of our premium government clients based in Sydney are looking for a Principal Policy Officer. The contract is till December where you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of this client.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role sits in the marine policy team, a small team working on several high priority projects in 2022, including:
- Marine protected area planning, particularly the draft NSW Mainland Marine Park Network Management Plan 2021-2031 and management rules (includes zones)
- Securing funding for Stage 3 of the Marine Estate Management Strategy
- overseeing the delivery of Stage 2 of Marine Estate Management Strategy - including review of financials for the overall program and identifying the need for any remedial action
- Scoping/delivering marine wildlife program opportunities in partnership with the National Parks & Wildlife Service
- Understanding of the machinery of Government and the policy process or demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge quickly.
- Experience in providing support and advice at the senior executive level
- Ability to translate complex policy matters into plain English
- Highly experienced at synthesising and critically assessing information from a variety of sources and identifying solutions to problems
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Ben Pearlman on 02 6103 1812 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Associate gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management support team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies, Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"