SENIOR APPLICATION ARCHITECT
CONTRACT ROLE - SYDNEY
(6 MONTH CONTRACT ROLE TO START WITH POTENTIAL EXTENSION)
SECTION A: POSITION SUMMARY
As a senior Application Architect, you will be responsible for challenging the status quo, and bringing innovative and differentiated thinking to everything we do. You have leading digital and mobile technical competency as well as enterprise implementation experience with contemporary digital tools, offerings and products. With a background in several technologies, a passion in web architecture will be key in keeping up and adapting to the rapidly changing environment and complex client challenges.
As an Application Architect, you will be the technical liaison with vendors, product, digital team, our strategy and user experience teams as well as leading the development teams in order to deliver quality digital solutions. You will work with testers and operational people to ensure that solutions are of high quality and can be operated easily. This is a hands-on technical role and mentoring others with your knowledge. To be considered for this position, you will have deep and broad Digital experience and a proven track record of delivering digital projects.
You have proven success in architecture and technology across a range of digital technologies including but not limited to Mobile Applications, Web frameworks, Portals, Web Content Management and Collaboration platforms.
You have experience with building and deploying with AWS or cloud type environment and have worked in an automated environment. You have worked in a continuously BAU environment and understand how to deliver a system that can be supported and maintained.
You can understand and demonstrate experience with leading dev ops practices, including tools and techniques for continuous integration / delivery. You are comfortable discussing what a typical online technology stack looks like, and you can talk about how online applications scale. You know what cloud services are, how they operate and how they are used in an online technology environment.
You are comfortable having discussions with business people at various levels to negotiate scope, requirements and explain how alternative designs can deliver a better solution. You know how to ask questions in a non-technical forum and translate the answers into technical design.
You can work in an agile environment, and have done test driven development. You are a stickler for quality and good design, but understand the importance of delivering business value early. You can design an incremental software development plan that can fit into a continuous delivery cycle. You understand the value of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and regression test coverage.
SECTION B: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
1. Responsible for design of Online Applications
2. Investigating new technology solutions where appropriate and developing prototypes
3. Responsible for managing project change and impact
4. All change requests and changes assessed and incorporated in design and delivery plan
4. Responsible for ensuring architecture and solution are aligned with the rest of the teams.
5. Establish and maintain trusting and valuable professional relationships with other team members
5. Development of requirements that accurately reflect the capabilities and strategic direction of the systems and the needs of the business
6. Team player - Good relationship with all team members in company and any third parties.
7. Technical leadership - Coach and lead developers towards the right solution
8. Agile Principles
9. Operational Quality - All designs and implementation are stable, of high quality, and are easy to operate and monitor
SECTION C: MAJOR CHALLENGES / TYPICAL PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED
1. Identifying the need for alignment between different stakeholders requesting changes to the same platform
2. Balancing delivery timeline and cost constraints against strategic architecture solution.
3. Breaking solution into phases delivery to provide value for business ASAP
SECTION D: DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Decisions made under own authority Decisions referred to higher authority
High Level ROM Estimates Detailed Estimates for Impact assessment
Engage resources within the Digital Technology team Engage other teams in Company
SECTION E: ROLE DIMENSIONS
Target markets / segments Online Sales and Service
Impact on customers Online Sales and Service
Customer type: ☒ Both internal and external
SECTION F: QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Minimum 5 years of experience in software development with 3 years of experience in online design or architecture
Experience in application operation and maintenance.
Detailed understanding of Online technology & architecture Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
* Development experience in JS, CSS, HTML5, Responsive Site, Sass, Java
* Linux Environment experience
* Test driven development / Unit Testing
* Web Services SOAP/REST * NodeJS, Cucumber, Angular, ReactJS,
* Object Oriented Design.
* Shell Scripting
* Apache, NGNIX
* API Gateways
* Docker / Containerization / Kubernetes
* SQL/NoSQL databases
* GIT / SCM
* Experience in development of mobile applications
* Experience architecting medium to large scale solutions in an Amazon Web Services environment
* Experience working with 2 or more WCM/ECM products including Drupal, Opentext WEM or/and Adobe Experience Manager
Team player: You must work well in a team with other technical people.
Business understanding: You must be able to have a discussion with business people at several levels to negotiate requirements.
Good communication skills
Technical / Professional Skills
Please provide at least 3 System Integration - experience working with one or more vendors to deliver a solution
Non-Technical / Soft Skills
Other Task-Specific Knowledge
- Knowledge/Experience in Wiki applications.
* Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
* Knowledge/Experience in Agile Development and Management tools, e.g. Jira, Nexus, git,, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sonar, Selenium, Stash