Position Title: Senior Java Developer
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Position location/State: Sydney NSW
The Company Data Management Solutions have a position for a Senior Java Developer to join the professional services team based in Sydney. The Senior Java Developer is responsible for liaising effectively with all product stakeholders, design, develop, deploy and unit test applications and ensuring deadlines are met. More importantly the successful candidate will ensure to keep up to date with new emerging technologies and industry standards as well as providing technical support to cross functional teams.
* Design, develop, deploy and unit test applications
* Ensure that deadlines are met
* Keeping up to date with technical industry standards
* Provide technical support to cross functional teams
* Deploy applications in application servers
* Provide development estimates
* Provide 3rd level production support
* Work towards meeting client or business SLAs
* Liaise effectively with all product stakeholders
* Suggest improvements for application stability which can involve architecture, design, and implementation
* Be flexible and willing to perform any other tasks as assigned by management
* Use or wear personal protective equipment (PPE) e.g. vests, ear plugs, safety shoes, safety goggles etc. as per PPE requirements in your designated work area.
* Ensure you do not discriminate against, harass or bully co-workers, prospective co-workers, The Company Data Management Solutions, sub-contractors, visitors, clients or customers and ensure you treat people with fairness and respect in the performance of your duties.
* Ensure all Company DMS policies, including Business Management System and Security policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Ensure Work Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Ensure that you, and employees within your area of responsibility, take care at all times to work in a safe manner and report workplace hazards
Key Skills and Personality Traits:
* Ability to work within Windows, Unix, Linux and AIX environments
* In depth working knowledge of the Java platform and web application development
* Detailed working knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
* Commercially competent SQL scripting and database skills
* Understanding of networks and file transmissions Personality Traits:
* A positive "can-do" attitude * Effective when working autonomously or as part of a team
* Self-starter and independent * Handles pressure effectively
* Ability to solve a problem and provide an appropriate solution with minimal guidance and documentation
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Qualifications and Typical Experience:
* Bachelors degree in IT/Computers/Science
* Minimum of 8 years' experience in Java development
* Hands on experience with Web services, XML and Service Oriented Architecture
* Experience in applying design patterns and best practices in OOP
* Experience in data modelling design
* Experience in JMS, RESTful, SOAP services.
* Experience in J2EE and knowledge in various deployment strategies
* Experience in Apache, Tomcat & IBM WAS servers
* Experience in using IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
* Experience in software version control such as SVN and GIT
* Experience in continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
* Experience in build tools such as Maven
* Knowledge and experience in Agile Scrum methodologies, GITFlow
* Knowledge of UML and Object Oriented application design and development
* Knowledge of Messaging Middleware such as MQ, Message Broker
* Working knowledge in web development skills
* Working knowledge in LDAP
* Working knowledge in BPM and DAM concepts
* Working knowledge of AWS
* Working knowledge of Ansible
* Working knowledge in SSO concepts
* Working knowledge of Xquery, XPath, Reporting with NoSQL DBs
* Must be eligible to legally work in Australia - Preferably PR and AU Citizens.
* Employment is dependent on Australian Citizenship and a national police criminal history check that is acceptable to Company DMS.
* Additional security clearances may be required as requested by Company DMS or its clients
*Required to work reasonable additional hours as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
* Maintain Company DMS and client confidentiality.
* Some travel may be required to various Company DMS sites, interstate or overseas to meet requirements of the role. * May be needed to be on-call from time to time to meet requirements of the role.
* Required to participate in workplace fit-for-work initiatives (including stretching programs).
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rashmi on +61 2 8031 6212 OR email@example.com
Joining Modis as a Consultant
- Monthly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"