- Large federal government team
- Long term contract opportunity
- Australian Citizenship required
Our federal government client is seeking skilled UX/UI Designers to join their team in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide for a July 2023 + 24 month ext contract.
UX/UI Designers exercise a considerable degree of independence and undertake a leadership role, with work being performed under the broad direction of senior staff.
They design, test and evaluate these solutions to ensure stakeholder and agency requirements have been met. They are able to interpret evidence-based research and incorporate this into their work ensuring the quality of design.
They consider competing priorities when managing their work. They contribute to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
- Lead projects through strategy, iterations and development by inspiring process, and direction of project work and deliverables.
- Apply user centred design/user experience design (UX) methodology to deliver enterprise outcomes and improvements to stakeholder and user experiences.
- Collaborate and work closely with Usability Testing Lead to conduct functional and usability testing.
- Plan and scope projects, according to user needs, business needs and design opportunities.
- Lead creation/updates to relevant UI design patterns, frameworks and governance (including application of branding).
- Lead the design of assets such as user flows, prototypes, wireframes and other assets for proof of concept and usability testing.
- Lead staff undertaking rapid and iterative prototyping using agency prototyping tools.
- interact professionally with a diverse range of stakeholders including: executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives.
- Lead workshops, discussions and facilitate the design of the service through collaboration with other professions.
- Lead and ensure the continual enhancement of products.
- Lead the evaluation of solutions to ensure stakeholder and agency requirements have been met.
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- How the digital economy is changing user behaviour and government landscape, including advances in technology, trends and developments in digital design.
- Different design disciplines such as service and visual design, and their application to online/digital projects and environments
Skills and Experience required:
- Greater than 2 years' experience in leading the design of digital products/services including user flows, prototypes, wireframes and other assets for proof of concept and usability testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using User-Centric design methodology, processes and techniques to inform digital solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate Research findings, business goals and requirements into intuitive user-centric designs including wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience across various platforms to conduct Accessibility Assessment and Reviews to a WCAG standard
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Chelsea Batley on (02) 6103 1816 OR Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining Modis as a Consultant
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"