Site Materials Manager
Contract role potential rolling
A Multinational Telecommunications and Information Technology company.
For almost a century the company has been at the forefront of scientific and technology discoveries that have changed the world. The company takes pride in celebrating 30 years of transforming telecommunications and believes in creating technology that helps the world act together.
Business Group Title - Site Materials Manager
Business Group/ Platform - SITE ENGINEERING
Job Discipline Site Engineering (Creates & delivers cost effective Site Solutions. Delivers the services, material,
technology, engineering and environmental solutions needed in Customer network deployment,
expansion and upgrade)
Responsible for site materials procurement (both material and commercial issues) in projects
NOTE: Site materials cover construction works materials, ancillary materials and auxiliary materials.
- Responsible for site materials procurement
- Set the material specifications either from the RFQ or agreement with interested parties.
- Set warranty periods, transparent - back to back with RFQ.Identify, qualify and select
construction work materials suppliers.
- Define standard sourcing methods to be used Implement site materials sourcing strategy
Create and maintain site materials sourcing plans on projects, country or regional levels as
- Define global processes for site materials handling in Company project.
- Standard practices of customer logistics could be reused
- Build and manage a competitive site materials supplier base in the geographical area
- Lead contract negotiations with site materials suppliers
- Manage RFI, RFQ and bid evaluation processes Input to tender process and risk log
- Create and maintain the global databases for site materials supplier information, contracts,
- Mediate in conflicts and settle claims as first escalation point
- Monitor site materials suppliers' performances.
- Manage long-term relationships with the selected suppliers in accordance with business resourcing / subcontracting strategy and global sourcing guidelines
- Manage the relationships with the site materials suppliers by providing them feedback
about their performances, by informing them about the new products and business
opportunities and by acting on suppliers' requests concerning their co-operation with
- Having know-how of site materials costs. Standard practices of ancillary material
management group could be reused
- Create and maintain site materials sourcing price database
- Support areas and projects in tendering and project start up phases by providing timely
information about actual site materials costs
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and manage site materials costs
Know-How and communication
- Being the subject matter expert of site materials and consults others as necessary
- Give trainings / competence transfer on site materials and site materials sourcing as
necessary (newcomers, workshops)
- Cooperate and give feedback to "Development and Engineering Solutions team "for further
Reporting line: Project team, Site Engineering team, Logistics team
Education, work experience and know-how:
Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in civil engineering or applicable business administration
Experience: Sourcing, procurement in Telecom or construction industry.
Telecom or construction project experience.
Customer interface experiences.
Competencies Process & Professional Competencies Company Value-Based Competencies
- Cost, Profitability and Risk management
- Construction works and site designs
- Communicating & Negotiating
- Relationship management and business
- Business understanding
- Decision making
- Change management
- Openness and communication
- Strategy implementation
- Quality orientation
Development and engineering solutions team, Service partner managers, Ancillary material
management team, Site engineering global and local teams, Service product managers,
Construction works managers and engineers.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rashmi on +61 2 8031 6212 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining Modis as a Consultant
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications