Lead The Charge - An exclusive paid internship in Sustainability with Mercedes- AMG PETRONAS F1 Team
Akkodis Lead the Charge is a Sustainability and Talent program, which offers a truly unique opportunity for one candidate to work within the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 Team as a Sustainability & Environmental Data Consultant across the 2024 FIA Formula One World Championship season (12 months).
As a global leader within Smart Industry, Akkodis is working with Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 to help the team achieve its commitment to Net Zero. Both organizations understand that achieving this commitment will require incredible people, the best technology, and creative minds. Together, both partners are providing the opportunity for one selected candidate to drive a tangible difference to the team's sustainability goals.
This program, now in its third year, follows on the success of previous Lead the Charge programs which Akkodis launched with the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team in 2021 and last year's program with Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1.
The uniqueness of this program not only allows us to identify one incredible talent from the global community, capable of driving innovative approaches to achieve the Team's commitment to carbon neutrality throughout the 2024 Formula 1 Season, but also to create a pipeline of highly skilled talent to place both within the Akkodis organization and/or externally with our Akkodis clients.
Sustainability & Environmental Data Consultant
As the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team 'Sustainability & Environmental Data Consultant,' you will demonstrate a passion for motorsports and have a technology and performance focused mind-set to fulfil this role in a high tech, data-driven environment within the Sustainability Team. You will help the Team achieve their ambition to become the world's most sustainable professional sports team across the 2024 Formula 1 World Championship. Supporting Akkodis and Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team to engineer a smarter future together.
* Support the Sustainability Team to deliver the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team's sustainability strategy.
* Analyze sustainability performance across our three Environmental Pillars (Net Zero, resource consumption and ecological protection) and use analysis to support data driven decision making.
* Use analysis to achieve sustainability outcomes by identifying improvement opportunities and developing sustainability projects.
* Support the implementation of sustainability projects, which are likely to include a range of sustainability topics from technology related optimization, waste management, pollution prevention, energy/carbon, environmental nuisance, responsible sourcing of materials and ecology.
* Support the Team's carbon accounting across all emissions scopes in line with our science-based targets commitment. This includes project managing the tracking, analyzing, and reporting of carbon footprint data (such as manufacturing and product date) and working collaboratively with our supply chain to identify emissions reduction opportunities.
* Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Team's Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure the retention of certifications including (ISO 14001 & FIA 3* Accreditation).
* Support the provision of subject matter guidance and assistance to technical and engineering departments to ensure environmental compliance including assurance of environmental practices.
* Work with the communications division to manage, create, and deliver regular internal and external sustainability updates for the business. Updates will include the promotion and adoption of new approaches and innovation across the Team to improve sustainability performance.
* Drive sustainable behavioral change through initiatives, providing training and upskilling department teams.
Candidates will be a graduating or graduate professionals with a degree-level background in a STEM field, either in the physical or environmental sciences, with demonstratable experience in sustainability/environment. You will have core technical competencies, superb data analytical skills, and project management experience to support the Team's global sustainability initiatives. Highly proficient communication skills with the ability to take sustainability principles and translate them into a technical environment is required. You will be driven, self-motivated and able to proactively address challenges. Motivation and resilience to handle this highly challenging and fast-paced environment combined with passion for motorsport is essential.
* Awareness of key sustainability principles, industry trends and best practice standards
* Demonstrable experience collecting, analyzing, and communicating complex data in a compelling and understandable way
* Ability to demonstrate strong technology competencies and experience of strategic planning, project development and delivery
* Evidence of excellent organizational skills, including prioritizing workloads, meeting deadlines, and managing a varied workload in a busy environment
* Evidence of good interpersonal skills, being a team player and ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues to collaborate across various internal functions including trackside team, facilities, operations, procurement, marketing, and finance
* Agility across multiple projects and good stakeholder management across the organization
* Ability to influence all levels of the organization and serve as an advisor
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
* Highly proficient in English to communicate with all stakeholders
The following qualities and skills are desirable but not mandatory:
* Member of relevant sustainability body (e.g., ICRS or IEMA)
* Demonstrable passion for sustainability and carbon emissions reduction
* Evidence of influencing skills to support change management
* Knowledge of engineering/technical topics
* Demonstrable experience with environmental certification
* Experience working across multi-disciplinary teams
* Competitive Salary + Benefits
* Relocation Travel Costs
* Fixed term of 12 months (February 19, 2024 - February 29, 2025)
If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Kazi Arman on firstname.lastname@example.org