POSITION TITLE: Systems Engineer
REPORTS TO: Technical Project Manager
PERM ROLE - SYDNEY
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Engineer is responsible for the successful implementation and management of the client's systems and associated infrastructure while ensuring compliance with contract specifications, deliverables and customer requirements and budget.
DUTIES, JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deploy large-scale technology solutions within a mission-critical sensitive environment under strict quality processes.
- Act as third level support and lead the technical response to critical incidents as required.
- Assemble and configure software and hardware infrastructure for large-scale infrastructure deployments in line with design documentation and customer requirements.
- Author configuration items for the projects systems implementation and maintenance activities.
- Provide technical input into design activities and review documentation and processes for ITS (Intelligent Transport System) systems.
- Actively develop, promote and champion quality processes and provide technical leadership to the technology team.
- Assess risks and recommend risk minimization process and procedures.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad hoc reports ensuring that the technical project manager is updated on progress - providing as much notice as possible on potential delays, risks and impact on deliverables.
- Adhere at all times to the Company's quality control, occupational, health, safety and environmental requirements to perform core tasks and duties effectively.
- Other duties as required from time to time in line with skills, experience, and qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Degree in Engineering (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science) or advanced trade qualification in a relevant discipline such as Electro-Technology, IT, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in IP CCTV technology and deployment of large-scale IP video management systems - Preferred but not a must
- Intimate knowledge of technology and systems from 'end to end,' i.e. sound fault finding skills and ability to configure/manage IP networks, MS Windows systems, and VMware vSphere systems.
- Exposure to enterprise systems such as Windows domain, enterprise level endpoint protection, monitoring platforms, Microsoft server and client operating systems, L2/L3 switches, firewall and VMware vSphere or alternate hypervisor product.
MUST HAVE: MS Windows Server experience.
- Ability to identify the cause of applications and system issues, identify mitigating actions and then work with software developers and product vendors to achieve a satisfactory resolution.
- Exposure to Powershell and Python scripting is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel reporting and writing Macros is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL and its interactions with systems on the applications and hardware layers is a plus.
- Exposure to SAN and NAS systems is a plus.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position.
- Aptitude in learning and adopting new technologies to take over the role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to work outside standard hours from time to time.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities within a stressful working environment.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and within company guidelines and policies.
- Hold NSW driver's license.
- Meet the requirements to hold a NSW Security Licence
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic organisation. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Rashmi on +61 2 8031 6212 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining Modis as a Consultant
- Weekly Pay
- No payrolling processing fees
- Upskilling opportunities and training discounts
- Consultant gatherings events
- MODIS SME meet ups/information sessions
- EAP Support Program
- Dedicated Account Management Support Team
Modis delivers cross-industry IT and digital engineering expertise to accelerate innovation and digital transformation. By combining a unique service offering of Tech Consulting, Tech Talent Services and Tech Academy solutions Modis enables businesses to progress, scale and perform. Modis has a global footprint with 30,000+ consultants in over 20 countries focused on Cognitive Technologies,
Digital Transformation, Cloud & Infrastructure, Smart Ecosystem, and Industry 4.0 across the key sectors of Automotive & Transportation, Environmental & Energy, Software, Internet & Communication, Financial Services and Industrial Manufacturing.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications