One of our premium clients based in Melbourne's West is looking for a highly experienced and committed Linux Engineer. This key position will be responsible for building, supporting and administering Linux systems on diverse networks. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Required technical skills and experience includes minimum of 3 years administering, managing and/or supporting one or more of the following:
- Linux Administration in an Enterprise Environment
- CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of a variety of virtualization and cloud technologies, setting up virtual environments using host and guest, and migrating from physical to virtual environments.
Skills & Experience
- High level skills and experience in Linux scripting in at least one of: Bash, Perl, Python.
- Strong skills in general Linux system administration of CentOS/RedHat.
- Strong web interface design skills interfacing to a backend Linux client-server
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a member of a team and
communicate effectively with colleagues and clients at multiple organisational levels.
- Internal and external customer relationship management skills
- Nice to haves:
- Experience developing Ansible playbooks.
- Experience with Certificate/PKI systems (for NAC).
- Experience implementing Multi Factor Authentication on Linux.
- Linux Certification
Successful applicant must hold NV1 or NV2 security clearance.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Linux Engineer skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Ravikumar Sammeta at Ravikumar.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"