Modis IT & Engineering is partnering up with a Belgian company, which is globally renowned as the leader in live video technology for broadcast and new media productions, to find a Front-end Software Engineer. You have a passion for media related products that give the viewers the opportunity to get entertained with live sports images, shows, and breaking news content in real-time? If so, you must have a look at this job description.
The Front-end Software Engineer will be part of the Product Management department at our client's and be involved in projects, which revolves around the development of software modules and interfaces (API). You will be taking part in the different steps of the development process: analysis, technical specification, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation, and maintenance. You will be able to work closely with peers in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Most of your responsibilities will focus on (among others):
- Front-end web development
- Analyze and review product requirements, and discuss technical feasibility
- Build technical design proposals
- Develop new software components or modify existing ones
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Plan, define and perform unit testing
- Create or maintain technical documentation
- Integrate individual software components developed by yourself and other members of the development team
- Identify and propose process improvements
- Coach and guide junior team members (if Senior position)
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you should have the following traits:
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience in node.js
- Experience with Web Services and related protocols (HTTP, REST, JSON) is an asset
- Experience in CI, packaging web pack, test frameworks, …
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; responds properly, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance; does not give up in a crisis situation; does not lose control under pressure
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of Dutch or French
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.
You see yourself in this opportunity? Don't hesitate to apply for this job by sending your updated CV at email@example.com or give us a phone call at +32 2 482 8237.