We are looking for our client in area Paal in Belgium for a Lead Software Engineer to start as soon as possible.
Acting as a technical expert, go-to team member and mentor for an Engineering team, our Lead Software Engineers are critical to our product and business success. As part of a team of Engineers, you will be utilising agile methodologies to deliver high-quality software on a fortnightly cadence.
Working closely with the Architects, you will take a core role in designing and implementing solutions within our SaaS platform. As part of a wider community of Engineers, you’ll help to shape and implement technical best practice .
• Collaborating with Product Owners on tactical delivery and planning with Product Managers the strategic long-term goals of the Product & assuming responsibility for the fortnightly technical output of a Product / Project Team
• Provide technical leadership and participate in development efforts, instilling an Agile mindset of continuous improvement and iterative gain.
• To establish best practices, processes, policies and tooling to drive standards and ensure the necessary controls without impeding on ability to innovate and deploy changes effectively and efficiently.
• Play an active role in both the architecture and engineering communities, influencing and driving solution design and delivery with stability, scalability and supportability being key.
• Act as a subject matter expert, both from a domain and technology view
• Be a self-starter who’s able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Work well under pressure and able to manage conflicting priorities.
Being an advocate for agile ways of working, you know how to work in an iterative manner and the value of continuous improvement. You know how to effectively run and participate in scrum ceremonies such as stand-ups and sprint planning.
You’ll consider yourself a natural, fast working, producer of high-quality code with SOLID principles forming a big part of your work ethos.
It can be fast moving here. You’ll need to be able to flex, to meet short term demands, but also lead your team by example, with an organised, prioritised and structured working approach in evidence.
Fluent in English: written and oral
We offer a permanent contact in an international company
We are able to offer and ensure career opportunities that reflect your experience, skills , and your interests.
For this opportunity, you can expect an attractive salary package in line with your experience and great skills.