We are looking for our client in area Paal in Belgium for a Lead Software Test Engineer to start as soon as possible
In this role you’ll need to take ownership of all the testing for your product line. As ‘the’ test specialist you will care about the quality of the software you release. We have a test framework in place, but within that we leave it to you to design an efficient and intelligent test approach. Your solution could be automated or manual. You own it.
1. Day to day, you will be ‘hands on’ testing as part of a product team, building test tools, harnesses and frameworks. As a senior, you’ll also be able to offer a more business wide, holistic view of testing to the Head of Software Quality.
2. Be a test thought leader, proactively improving test frameworks and tools to handle need to scale up quickly.
3. Be a major player in the upskilling of the wider test team as it grows, mentoring and coaching them, being a source of expertise and knowhow.
4. Be engaged in growing the team, hiring great new test engineers and contributing to their recruitment and selection approach.
5. Be adept at making risk assessments when it comes to software releases, working closely with the Head of Quality Assurance to identify the size and scope of risk for the wider eco system.
6. Contribute fully to developing our test strategy and defining our test processes and procedures.
7. Play an active role in the QA community, influencing and driving solution design and delivery with stability, scalability and supportability being key.
We don’t need all of this but - Postman or similar API test tool. Source control and experience of branching and version control. GitFlow. SQL. Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools. ISTQB qualified ideally.
FAIL EARLY, FAIL SMALL
Drive the test agenda in your product team, educating your peers to build in early testing, front loading the quality assurance process.
You’ll need experience working in multi-disciplined, product led teams, collaborating with software engineers, product owners and business analysts in an agile environment.
DEALING WITH COMPLEXITY
We’d value experience in the testing of complex, multi-faceted software. Our SaaS solution has many interdependencies and configurations. This makes it a testing challenge, but hopefully one you will love getting your teeth into.
Fluent in English: written and oral
We offer a permanent contact in an international company
We are able to offer and ensure career opportunities that reflect your experience, skills , and your interests.
For this opportunity, you can expect an attractive salary package in line with your experience and great skills.