We are looking for our client in area Paal in Belgium for a Software Engineering Team Lead to start as soon as possible.
At the forefront of technical decision making whilst managing the performance and professional development of a team of talented technologists, our Lead Software Engineers are key to our ongoing success.
Looking after a team of Engineers, you’ll be utilising Agile methodologies to deliver high-quality software on a fortnightly cadence. Collaborating with Product Owners, Project Managers and fellow Lead Software Engineers, your ability to communicate effectively will help influence the strategic growth of our SaaS platform.
Our Engineering Team Leads are proficient in coding but are aware that their ability to coach and mentor their teams is invaluable compared to their ability to churn through code on their own.
1. Line manage and help develop a team of Engineers, mentoring and coaching team members on best practices and ways of working
2. Collaborating with Product Owners on tactical delivery and planning with Product Managers the strategic long-term goals of the Product & assuming responsibility for the fortnightly technical output of a Product / Project Team
3. Help communicate issues and remove blockers to ensure that your engineering team can regularly make and meet their commitments
4. Contribute to the technical output of the team where appropriate.
5. To establish best practices, processes, policies and tooling to drive standards and ensure the necessary controls without impeding on ability to innovate and deploy changes effectively and efficiently.
6. Play an active role in engineering communities, influencing and driving solution design and delivery with stability, scalability and supportability being key.
7. Be a self-starter who’s able to lead effectively.
8. Work well under pressure and able to manage conflicting priorities.
You’ll identify yourself as a technology leader with prior experience empowering a and running a small direct team of software engineers. You will prioritise their workload and coach them towards on time and quality delivery.
COACH & MENTOR
With a wealth of experience under your belt, you enjoy sharing your hard-won wisdom with budding technologists. Using practices such as pair-programming, formal catchups and informal 1:1’s to help develop the team.
Using a myriad of Agile tools and communicative prowess, you can conjure-up clarity from ambiguity. Believing in the delivery of small, iterative increments to mitigate risk, you know how to break down requirements into bitesize deliverables.
It can be fast moving here. You’ll need to be able to flex, to meet short term demands, but also lead your team by example, with an organised, prioritised and structured working approach in evidence.
Fluent in English: written and oral
We offer a permanent contact in an international company
We are able to offer and ensure career opportunities that reflect your experience, skills , and your interests.
For this opportunity, you can expect an attractive salary package in line with your experience and great skills.