The Strategic Operations Manager is responsible for:
• Manager of Order-To-Cash (OTC), Demand Planning (DP) & Tender employees
• Coach for all these employees
• Operates and demonstrates effective Ways Of Working (WOW)
• Organizes workload, define priorities across the 3 pillars (OTC, DP, Tendering)
• Organizes deliverables and empower employees for tasks/actions
• Manages all HR aspects of team
• Reviews, controls and approves activities (incl those as per Grant Of Authorities levels)
• Leads and monitors compliance within the team
Manages the 3 pillars of responsibilities:
1. Order-to-cash (OTC):
• Guides, organizes and supervises work ensuring a high customer service quality level towards hospitals & wholesalers
• Secure answer or referral to responsible person the incoming questions from all customers.
• Ensure coordination between all teams involved with customer (in Prague, local OTC, business, finance)
• Ensure flawless execution and integrated customer support.
• Monitors customer service level agreements and KPIs with the BSC management and customer service team.
• Overviews the YER settlement for sales offer & contracts, and timely discount payments to customers
• Coordinates and control all price maintenance
• Give input on company's sales conditions for contracting, tendering and legal framework
• Evaluate compensation requests coming from customer and coordinated credit note process.
2. Demand Planning (DP):
• Guides, organizes and supervises work ensuring accurate and timely demand forecast
• Secures understanding and information sharing across broad organization on product supply and availabilities
• Monitors supply chain level and KPIs and secures monthly meeting with MT
• Monitors the distribution process and D&L (distribution & logistics) activities and act upon backlog situations.
• Develop a national strategy for public tenders in close collaboration with the Hospital Leads
• Manage bids, tenders and contracts in BeLux.
• Provide input and support to the Hospital Leads and KAM in reaching their business objectives at hospital level by: data analysis, recommendations on sales conditions, content for contracting, supply management, legal framework, practical matters on supply and payment conditions, communication with hospital pharmacist, gathering of internal input and data.
• Help monitoring the tendering landscape and collaborate in defining the tender strategy, shapes the tendering environment
• Liaise with the Global/regional teams and LT on public tendering strategy and tactics
• Manage the framework for pre-tender, tender, and post-tender oversight and management and balancing global strategic direction and oversight with support for local execution and insight
• Prioritize tenders and contracts based on customer centricity and ICE principles
• Manage the development and execution of the tender management by seeking and integrating feedback from internal stakeholders. Coordinating and communicating all questions in the tender requests and setting internal deadlines.
• Secure that the tender databases are regularly maintained, and accurately monitored and that key information is cascaded to the business teams.
• Actively collect competitive information from all new contracts. Share with the relevant internal stakeholders. Information should at least include pricelists and evaluation sheets.
• Drive tender while ensuring compliance with global and local rules.
• Monitor effectiveness of current distribution channel against market needs and signal out discrepancies to service providers like D&L, DHL, Procurement
• Collaborate with these service providers to achieve distribution model accepted by business and its customers.
• Support the business with analytics and reports (on sales, discounting, distribution and logistics etc… ) and provide input for the customer accounts plans.
• Leads & coordinates all compliance efforts within the team
• Monitors and coordinates the controls and processes applicable to the team
• Leads and organize the Pulse work and deliverables
• Keeps informed of relevant compliance policies including interactions policy – especially interaction with third parties and interaction with government officials …
• Several years of experience in healthcare industry or national healthcare authorities
• Experience in a tender/Key account management or related role
• Understanding of the public tender and healthcare access processes and the healthcare industry, hospital financing, KAM, hospital decision making, including the legal framework
• Experience in customer facing or customer service role
• Demonstrated competence in business process improvement
• Language skills: business proficient in English, Dutch, French
• Strategic Skills
o Strong strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and communicate to internal stakeholders
o Ability to understand and distill complex information on tenders into understandable concepts and language.
o Competence in developing and analyzing stakeholder feedback.
• Leadership and Influencing Skills
• Experienced people manager
• Ability to coach and collaborate with management and non-direct reports on sound and timely tender management, and to work well with all levels and functions in an organization.
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills - must be able to effectively influence external and internal stakeholders with conflicting points of view.
• Ability to manage a matrix environment and to exert influence without hard-line authority.
For this position we are open for consultants (CDI at Modis) or Freelancers.
Project length: 6 months (but could be extended)