The Back-end PHP Developer is responsible for building, developing, and integrating web and mobile applications. The role will be completely hands-on, writing well-formatted code while working within preferred development methodologies, with at least 5 years of experience within all aspects of backend web development. The role may also have project management responsibilities within a small-sized development team.
Key Role Responsibilities & Duties:
• Act as project lead when required and work with clients to define scope, solutions, define requirements, develop an executable plan
- Lead and coordinate SCRUM meetings, estimations, and planning activities
- Produce high-quality software and be able to demonstrate debugging capabilities
- Work with colleagues to make sure all management and project deliverables are completed to schedule
- Be able to communicate development progress to senior management
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Independently communicate with both client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience with all aspects of back end web development including PHP, MySQL, and RESTful APIs.
- Project management skills and experience working in an agile environment
- Practical experience with PHP and Object-Oriented PHP versions
- Experience with JVM server infrastructure
- Experience with Ktor framework for Kotlin
- Experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk with Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Demonstrable experience writing, and debugging, queries in MySQL
- Practical understanding of content management systems
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT
- Experience with SSH and Shell
- Knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS/SCSS, JS, vue.js, typescript, template mustache/ handlebars
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the products you build
- Ability and willingness to dive into code written by others to figure things out
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to be a positive influence on your colleagues
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Capable of composing technical documentation, reports, and diagrams.
- Value ownership and collaboration and are self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solvers
- Experience with cloud technology.