Modis and AKKA Technologies (soon to become Akkodis) are joining forces to build a global Smart Industry powerhouse in Engineering and Digital Solutions.
With more than 50 000 engineers and digital experts in 30 countries around the world, we offer broad industry experience, and strong know-how in key technology sectors such as mobility, software & technology services, robotics, testing, simulations, data security, AI & data analytics.
Our pioneering approach empowers businesses to explore, innovate and accelerate new possibilities while creating a dynamic culture for our people. Our people are the foundation of our success. That’s why we champion a company culture where talent is celebrated, and diversity is embraced.
As a Head of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and oversight for all aspects of Application Maintenance and Support, Software Development, Design, Testing and Engineering services. The responsibility extends across multiple functional areas, internal and outsourced client projects, and diverse team. The role will have strong focus on strategy and business development and will work with the Business Development Managers and Sales teams during sales and pre-sales activities.
Key Role Responsibilities & Duties:
• Creates and drives strategies in alignment with the Company's overall vision and business goals
- Oversees and expands the software engineering function in developing, releasing and maintaining software applications
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the software engineering department and sub-functions
- Establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality application products and services.
- Contributes to the solutioning, planning, and delivery of the service offering roadmaps, working with management as required to ensure achievement of the objectives
- Establishes strong technical capability teams in alignment with software services offering strategy
- Interacts with clients, product managers, and developers in order to envision, model and provide initial models and designs that can be built.
- Sets the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable technology solutions that will best suit their goals and objectives.
- Designs and deliver high-quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers and internal departments
- Establishes agile teams and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability
You will have:
- 3+ years of experience overseeing engineering teams as Head of Software Engineering/ Software Engineering Manager / Leader role
- 8 + years of experience with Software / application developer
- BSc or MSc in Computer science, Mathematics, Physics, Mechanics, Electronics or any other in that field
- Extensive background leading, designing, developing, and delivering software solutions
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Full lifecycle delivery (experience in Agile and Waterfall methodology)
- Capable of composing technical documentation, reports, and diagrams.
- Value ownership and collaboration and are self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solvers
- Ability to translate business strategy and vision to a technical architecture that meets the business objectives.
- Proven track record of successfully leading projects from conception through completion.
You will get:
• Competitive remuneration package
- 25 days annual paid leave
- Additional health insurance (outpatient & hospital medical care, dental care, coverage of dioptric glasses and more)
- Free Psychological Counselling via Green line and on the spot
- Newborn or newly adopted child bonus
- Food vouchers - 150 BGN/month
- Upskilling & reskilling training programs and e-learning hub
- Sports cards (partially covered by the employer) and company sports initiatives
- Various social and charity initiatives
United by our passion for talent and technology, we look at the world differently. It’s time to start engineering a smarter future together. Are you ready?