- Part of the reactive service team, the TSE is responsible to resolve all incidents for the customers managed by the delivery team.
- The time to resolve an incident is important, this reduces downtime and allows DXC to meet its contractually defined SLA’s
- Escalation of severe P1 RTOP incidents in a timely manner to engage the Rapid Response Team and the shift management team is important.
Other Key Deliverables
- Perform any other ongoing support activities, not covered hereinabove, but in accordance with the approvals and the conscious directions given by the direct team management under the terms of the pre-defined SLAs, SLOs, and KPIs.
- Perform any administrative, operational or service-related tasks with the highest quality and according to predefined timelines.
- Follow strictly all related ITSM / ITIL processes and procedures.
As a Linux Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Incident Investigation & Diagnosis
- Resolution and Recovery
- Administrative & Performance Responsibilities
- Incident Closure
- Service Request Management
- Shift Captain
- Problem Initiation
- Change Management
- Routine IT Operations
- Team Responsibilities
- Quality & Improvement
- Ongoing Education
- Case Management
If you have:
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix (relevant certification will be considered as an advantage)
- Active Directory (administration of group policies)
- Domain controller-definition, roles
- Networking TCP/IP, Network services DNS, DHCP
- File Services under Microsoft (create shares, administrate user rights, DFS, DFS-R)
- Fluency in English