Job Title: Contractor - Contingent Worker - Mechanical Engineer
Job Title External: Mechanical Engineer
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, Our client is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
Are you ready to launch your career with the most exciting robotics team in Canada! You will be supporting and executing design, integration, and testing activities alongside passionate engineers who love to solve problems.
If you are ready to be a part of this exciting mission we would love to hear from you!
As our Junior/Intermediate Engineer, you will be placed on cross-functional team with the aim of executing design, integration, or testing activities. Each activity comes with its own set of challenges, however, our culture of collaboration is geared towards tackling these challenges straight on.
In design, you would be led by an experience engineer who has seen it all before. We will equip you to use the most advanced design tools to translate mission requirements to workable designs.
In integration, you will part of the team that develops and executes an integration plan. You will get exposure to liaising with operations as well as subcontractors an even customers.
In testing, you will part of the team that ensure our products meet system requirements by planning and executing test campaigns. You will help design test rigs, manage the testing, and work along side the most experienced technicians in our industry.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and testing
- Review mission and system requirements and apply to design
- Liaise with cross-functional team members to resolve technical issues
- Identify technical risks and proposes mitigation strategies to support schedule and budget
- Interact with international partners in technical forums and reviews
- Support department process improvements as required
- Min 5-7 yrs experience with mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance stack up analysis, component sizing and selection assessments
- Min 1 yr experience testing and verifying the functionality of hardware
- Experience communicating ideas, test results, or analysis results
- Experience writing technical documentation such as procedures, manuals and analysis reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability in a high-pressure environment is essential
- Demonstrated use of NX CAD & CAE tools to design GSE or mechanisms is considered an asset
- Understanding spacecraft design and verification is an asset
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.Pay Details: $20.00 to $75.00 per hour