Contract Duration: 8 months
Location: Toronto, Hybrid 1 day per week on site
Our client is seeking a cloud developer to assist in a cloud migration project. This is a key position in the Global Technology Applications (GTA) team, responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions for Front Office, Middle Office, and Regulatory Reporting.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement applications and solutions to support Global Technology Applications (GTA) system delivery
- Work within a Cloud (GCP, Hive), Python and ecosystem to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
- Migration from Hadoop Cluster to Google Cloud Platform.
- Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
- Work in a dynamic, agile development team, collaborating closely with the BA and QA teams. Collaboration with the rest of the developer team.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
- Opportunity to work with other projects depending on needs of the group
- Will be utilizing Java in a supporting capacity
- 8+ years’ experience as a developer working with a relevant tech stack
- 5+ years’ experience using Python hands-on (strong aptitude to migrate code into Python)
- 7+ years’ hands-on experience writing advanced SQL/HQL queries
- Recent hands-on experience using Java/Scala
- Unix/Linux environment
- AirFlow experience is a great asset to hit the ground running
- Hadoop experience is an asset
- Financial Industry experience is an asset