Our client is looking for a Procurement consultant to lead procurement contracting activities within the Business Services spend category. The responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the sourcing process for high visibility, high risk, high spend initiatives
- Lead and support project teams through the sourcing process including, but not limited to, the design, development and review of RFXs, engagement strategies and contract negotiations through to execution
- Assess, define and tactfully resolve procurement issues including contractual terms and conditions and escalations by internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Apply project management to the planning and execution of the sourcing process
- Drive and promote compliance for best-in-class procurement practices for specific spend categories
- Perform market analysis, benchmarking and spend analysis leveraging all available data sources - accounting, purchasing, payment systems, suppliers, market trends etc. to provide valued insight into opportunities for savings and efficiencies
- Ensure all related governance processes/policies are adhered to and completed prior to final approval to ensure the acquisition is done in the best interest of the company (legal, technical, financial, regulatory compliance)
Qualifications [Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities]:
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills and abilities:
- 5+ years sourcing experience
- Proven and extensive expertise leading sourcing initiatives, processes and developing strategies (i.e. deal management, contract review and negotiations, RFX, etc.)
- Candidate must be able to lead internal clients in sourcing projects as well as supporting our client's internal business needs.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within the procurement team as well as customers, stakeholders, suppliers, and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, client departments, outside suppliers.
- This role requires that the candidate draft RFPs, project plans, draft Statements of Work, draft contract summary emails to senior management, communicate deal approach, both in email and verbally.
Project Management Skills
- Contracting Knowledge - strong negotiation and contracting skills (for various complex business acquisitions); Strong working knowledge of and ability to negotiate contract terms and conditions; Experience writing and evaluating Services Agreements, Statements of Work, etc.
Communication Skills - candidate must be an excellent communicator - both written and oral communication.
- The successful candidate also must have excellent listening skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Financial analysis skills (Advanced Excel)
- Familiarity with purchasing systems, eprocurement systems
- Understanding of general procurement challenges and solutions
- Proven ability to work and align with internal legal counsel and other governance stakeholders such as IT security, compliance, etc.
- Role will require both independent contribution as well as team involvement and collaboration
- Initiative: The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently
- General: Detail oriented; College or university degree; creative thinking; ability to deal with ambiguity; ability to balance digging into details with the ability to comprehend larger more strategic issues related to a transaction.