System Administrator/ Cloud Operations Engineer
Contract Duration: 6 months Location: Scarborough, Hybrid (Mostly remote but may be required to come in for meetings on an ad hoc basis)
Combining the competencies of DevOps, Systems Administration, and Cloud Engineering, the role of Cloud Operations Engineer provides the opportunity to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will work with the Cloud Engineering team to design and implement tools and processes that monitor and respond to the state of our client’s systems.Responsibilities:
- Manage reliability of critical infrastructure platforms on our Public Cloud Platforms (Google and Azure)
- Improve and maintain site availability, scalability, service and system performance
- Investigate system errors and problems, bottleneck analysis of the system at scale, etc.
- Provide solutions for performance management, disaster recovery, monitoring and access management
- Participate in solution design sessions
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Build and operate highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Supporting application teams on the use of the platform including providing guidance on design patterns, best practices, and security considerations.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
- Be part of on call rotation (occurs every 7 weeks; on call for 1 week).
- 8+ years of System Administration experience and/or Enterprise Operations skills
- 3-5+ years of experience OS Experience (RHEL 7.X and Windows 2K12 and above)
- 2+ years of experience supporting GCP and/or Azure; and Experience with Kubernetes (GKE & AKS)
- You have strong knowledge of Agile & Lean methodologies for requirements / design methodology
- Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, or security considerations.
- Experience designing and implementing tasks in Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.).