**You must have residence in Germany already to apply for this role as per our clients policy.**
We are currently looking for an experienced Kotlin Developer for a new REMOTE freelance role for 9 months + possible extension for our customer who are based in Germany. If you are successful in getting this position your contract will be with Modis Germany, it would be great to know if you are interested in this role if so please send over your most updated CV?
Project background: We are working on building a scalable backend system to generate and show coupons targeted to specific customers.
- Independently design and develop backend services that implement business decisions and strategy, using the latest tech stack (Kubernetes, Nakadi/Kafka) in daily work.
- Independently design reliable systems that implement SRE best practices.
- Maintain and support business critical systems
- Hand over code to production on a daily basis using CI/CD techniques.
- Independently responsible for the full lifecycle of features, from problem formulation to solution deployment
- 3+ years of project experience in professional software development
- Expert level programming experience in Kotlin
- Strong project experience in the design and architecture of distributed services
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with agile methods and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservice architecture, continuous integration and deployment
- Fluent in English / German not necessary
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.