My client, a global financial services business is looking for a driven and experienced Programme Manager to join their Project Management Office team.
The Programme Manager will play a lead role in enabling and driving the delivery of the business wide strategy and the associated programmes and projects ensuring alignment to guiding principles and frameworks.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager looking to make the move into Programme and Portfolio Management. We are ideally looking for experience across both IT and Business Change.
This is a full time, permanent role paying a salary of £65,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience plus a comprehensive package including; a car allowance of £6,000, up to a 20% bonus and private healthcare to name a few.
This will be a hybrid role with the successful candidate required to be in the North Oxfordshire head office ideally 1-2 days per week.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with country and function teams to shape and set up their portfolio / programmes of work, and ensure coherence and prioritisation of change projects with the overall strategic roadmap.
- Work with the Leadership Team and senior management to actively plan, manage, and update the portfolio roadmap.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance of the portfolio, to ensure the alignment of projects to the strategy, principles, and frameworks, and advise on escalations, remedial actions, and ongoing viability, as required.
- Establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders and ensure effective portfolio communications.
- Continuously improve and manage the set-up of the delivery framework, working with stakeholders across the business.
- Identify, define, and drive iterative improvements to project delivery and governance frameworks.
- Manage and nurture the global change community to provide coaching, guidance, and share knowledge, to build meaningful and supportive relationships across the organisation.
- Set and manage best practice across business readiness activities, project initiation, planning, management, and reporting, in order to maximise employee adoption and minimise resistance.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Significant and direct knowledge and experience of programme and project management delivery methodologies (e.g. Prince2, MSP, Agile, APM, ITIL), tools and techniques, especially project planning, and change management, within a large and complex programme /project environment.
- Ability to apply good practice in all aspects of portfolio and PMO management (directly and in coaching others), with focus on practical results rather than just process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build, influence and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and the ability to shape and influence senior management decision making.
- Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects programmes / projects and organisational strategy.
- Experience working in Financial Services would be ideal but is not essential.
Please apply via the link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.