Principal Systems Engineer - Outside IR35 - Hybrid Working
Principal Systems Engineer required to join the project at an early stage in its lifecycle. The successful candidate will be comfortable at defining a system from the very first principles and understands the full engineering life cycle. A Model Based Systems Engineering Approach is being used and Cameo is the tool that is being used to capture this, interfacing to DOORS where the requirements are being stored.
Typical activities will include:
- Definition and development of the CONEMP and CONOPS as well providing support to the overall system Operational Analysis.
- Identification of cutting edge and future technologies and the definition of the roadmaps.
- Provide system architectural technical expertise in design reviews and other forums.
- Interfacing with the customer and other stakeholders regarding the architecture.
- Interfacing with other line of business to ensure that the system is integrated to meet the overall needs of the programme.
- Offer support and assistance into all areas of the programme, as required.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- A good level of Systems Engineering practitioner capability across the entire lifecycle,
- particularly early-stage concept thinking. Strong understanding of model based design (Cameo Modeller is desirable).
- Ability to define and develop requirements (translate SysML to subsystem level requirements) in an uncertain domain.
- Ability to research and evaluate potential methods of implementation and create reports to capture the benefits and drawbacks of each option and to create technical
- documentation of system solution.
- Development of a communication product through design, integration, verification, validation and certification.
- The engineering lifecycle from cradle to grave.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.